UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jolly Jests

merledogs

Nice way to do paperwork Owl. Very peaceful.

Alex, I hope it goes the best way for you. What ever that might be xxx

I am having to complete my NLP assessment paper. Bleugh, 72 questions, they might as well have just asked us to write out a whole book! Though I am confused with days as I was up til 2am doing it last night thinking I needed to send it off today. But thankfully in this modern day email arrives quicker than post...I am such a muppet!!

Good luck with your paper :flowers:

So muggy here, very uncomfortable, especially in the office.

RMF : I have finally given in and ordered Fifty Shades of Grey, since my friend in the office is obsessed with it and she's not usually much of a reader.

• Like 1

Moaning :tired:

I like a bit of filth Jayne :)

I was just winding down last night and then came an email which sent my stress levels up again. I just can't believe the audacity of some people. I am going to let my manager deal with it, but I sincerely hope it's resolved by the end of the day or I'll spend the weekend fretting. I'm really not enjoying work at the moment.

if they told me I had to go back to work I wouldnt last. after not working for 13 years,I couldnt cope with the prats we have to work with,of all levels,and id be telling them straight

I have officially turned into my mother. I never thought id see the day, but here it is lol

RMF sainsburys coffee is much better than tescos. now ive opened a catering tin of it, I know the difference

RMF : I have finally given in and ordered Fifty Shades of Grey, since my friend in the office is obsessed with it and she's not usually much of a reader.

From discussions around the net it appears that this book is doing for women what Harry Potter did for kids - getting the non-readers back to reading! Doesn't sound like my kind of thing as I prefer a book with a really good plot and lots of interesting characters.

Weather vile here today, Wispa is crossing legs as she doesn't want to go out in it. We may well stay home all day and I will just boot her out into the garden as needed. Can spend my time sorting out the baby giant land snails into a bigger tank. I have 3 strong ones which are half an inch across now with nice stripes, and half a dozen smaller ones which may or may not make it.

Weather is vile here today too. I can see over Lancashire County Cricket ground and there is supposedly an evening match on but I doubt whether they'll even get on the pitch.

RMF : I've finally booked myself an eye test for the first time in many years. I've been wearing those cheap reading glasses ever since my eyes started going downhill three years ago (and I know Jayne is gonna tell me off :blush: ).

I came across that just after he had hit the last ball. Looked like an exciting and possibly stressful match to watch.

Kept seeing things about 50 shades of grey all over facebook and assumed it was everyone ravin about yet another vampire programme. Guess not lol

I'm reading an absolutely brilliant book I can't put down at the moment. I bought it and my nephew died so now is the only time I've been able to pick it up as there is a death in it. I don't normally read weepy or gloomy books but this one really interested me on the shelf and hasn't let me down. It's One Moment One Morning by Susan Raymer

Hope issue at work was resolved Alex and you're enjoying your weekend now.

We got some bad news in work. A big contract has been lost which was a bit of a life saver so I'm not sure if the company will actually overcome this latest blow. With everything I have on I am having a c'est la vie and what will be will be approach to it. If things go horribly pear shaped something else will turn up. I'm trying to push ahead with my book-keeping when I can anyway. Just wish I could find the time to actually study more. I want the qualifications as well as the experience as I think it will help me to find the work more easily.

Hope the assignment went well Murtle.

Sainsbury's do nice coffee Jazz. Hope the dogs are feeling better

Our lot are thoroughly cheeky tonight. I'm very proud of them lol

Glad you have got the paperwork done Owl.

Fingers crossed for your job Alex and Michelle

Good luck with the assessment Mary

Good luck with the catering tin of coffee Jazz!

I love cheeky dogs.

Well, I think I have a cracked or strained rib from my mammogram. It was quite painful at the time and I made myself hold my breath, just to get it over with quicker, but The machine definitely closed down on my upper ribcage, just under my shoulder. I really felt strange on Wednesday afternoon and yesterday, in quite some pain, though it is a lot better today. This didn't happen last time, I suppose it depends on the skill of the person using the equipment. :unsure:

I decided to work from home in between visits too yesterday, so that helped, not being in the office.

Edited by houndzrus
  • Like 1

Thanks Michelle, I doubt whether they could have done anything other than recommend painkillers. The queasiness has gone now too.

Morning all, been awake for over an hour, Jack has been restless too, I think it's too muggy for him. I'm hungry now so am going to make a bacon roll and a cuppa. Jack's gone back to sleep! Lol