UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Jubilee Japes

merledogs

I hate the vine show, makes me want to drive the car over a cliff if he's on.

I had other things to say, they have been forgotten. I am tired, I belly danced at a charity event of about 40/50 people today. I did a solo dance...very nerve wracking but good fun. I now have a massive headache do am hoping I sleep well. Alex hope you feel better soon and shake the lurgy! xxx

Aw not good Alex. Hope it goes soon, but doesn't help that you're having to keep so busy at work. You need a nice relaxing weekend to look after yourself.

Hope you had a good sleep Murtle and the headache has gone. I remember your video of the belly dancing - looked great fun.

Michelle, we're going to Glasgow to stay with my son. Will be having lots of trips out to countryside and beaches though. And he only lives a few minutes walk from Bellahouston Park. I'm looking forward to fish and chips and chinese takeaways as I can't get those in France lol. Plus local delicacies such as Scotch pies, square slice and bridies. Then will go on a diet for a month.

Edited by eve
  • Like 2

Glad all is well with you Steph.

Murtle I hope by now the headache has lifted - well done on the solo performance!

We are back to the usual grey, damp weather after having a half decent day yesterday. I've not had my car out since Monday. Fingers crossed it starts today when I go out in it.

• Like 1

Aw not good Alex. Hope it goes soon, but doesn't help that you're having to keep so busy at work. You need a nice relaxing weekend to look after yourself.

Hope you had a good sleep Murtle and the headache has gone. I remember your video of the belly dancing - looked great fun.

Michelle, we're going to Glasgow to stay with my son. Will be having lots of trips out to countryside and beaches though. And he only lives a few minutes walk from Bellahouston Park. I'm looking forward to fish and chips and chinese takeaways as I can't get those in France lol. Plus local delicacies such as Scotch pies, square slice and bridies. Then will go on a diet for a month.

Don't forget the Irn Bru :laughingsmiley:

When we lived in England my parents were requested to bring scotch pies, Irn Bru and Scotch beef.

We are too far from town to get take aways or fish and chips so enjoy them when we visit family in Edinburgh.

I came home to work cos I feel carp.

Had a letter last week off my home insurers (esure) informing me that because I've had a claim (for my broken camera) last year, they are putting my excess up to £250. So I got a quote off Sheila's Wheels, who I have my car insurance with. They quoted me a total of £258.42 if I pay monthly, with a lower excess. Then had a quote off esure through today, which is for £426.88 :ohmy: It's a couple of hundred quid higher than last year! They can feck right off if they think I'm renewing with them! The claim I had was for £360, of which £150 was excess, so they are really looking to recoup their money!

Also had a letter off Honda informing me that I need to get my CR-V to a Honda garage cos they're doing a safety recall - something to do with the low beam headlights failing to operate.

Edited by merledogs

I came home to work cos I feel carp.

Then had a quote off esure through today, which is for £426.88 :ohmy: It's a couple of hundred quid higher than last year! They can feck right off if they think I'm renewing with them! The claim I had was for £360, of which £150 was excess, so they are really looking to recoup their money!

We had house insurance for years with Royal London and it was under £200.

Then a rewal came of for over £400. We got a quote from Direct Line for £220. Phoned Royal London but they could not offer anything near it so we went with Direct Line.We had n o claims and their renewal was over £400.

We got a quote from Tesco , which was around £200.

A month before renewal our bank was offering to beat our current premium by £25, so we applied. Not only had we had an 'introductory' offer from Tesco but as we were 11 months down the line any new premium was obviously going to be much more.The bank's renewal figure was £350 but because of the offer they had given us head office confirmed that they would have to honour it. They then changed the offer to those who had more than 11 months left on their policy.

It seems insurance companies don't want people to renew.

Someone phoned Petplan to ask why her renewal figure was much more than that quoted for a new policy- she had no cliams. She was told that the people selling new policies had certain targets to meet so were able to offer much lower premiums to ge the number up. The call centre actually advised her to cancel her existing policy and take out a new one.

Thank you so much for all the votes for Jack.he made the shortlist, so continued votes are very welcome. I thought they would zero the votes after the shortlist, but they haven't, but he can still make third in his class if there's enough votes. :)

Glad you got your bonus Alex, and hope you feel better now.

happy holidays Eve and Suzeanna

Fingers crossed for Martyn

Hope you get your new boiler soon Owl

Hope you can still make the camping Amy, but if not, let us know and we will cancel our B&B

finished work now till Tuesday, it's been a hard week and next week looks about the same! Glad my anniversaries have passed and I can start to feel better. (Sister's anniversary Monday and Dad's yesterday)

Managed to go to the allotment last night, but there is so much weeding to do because of all the rain, it will take a very long time to get it back to how it should be.

I know what you mean about weeding Marge, it's a pain at the moment. What with that and the bluddy aphids which are rampant this year :mad:

I am supposed to be ill, but I wish I'd stayed in work because the phone/email hasn't stopped all afternoon. Some people are such feckwits :rolleyes:

Hello mrs lazy from warrington here. Can you put the link up again Marge so we can vote for your lovely boy

It peed down here quite disgracefully this morning but despite being on the bus and walking a distance I managed to miss the worst of it.

Murtle hope the headache has gone and great stuff on the belly dancing

Alex that's not on and I really hope you feel better tomorrow

I've had to cancel Scoobs swimming on saturday as Martyn is going away for the weekend and his car is going to be stuck in the garage beyond Monday. For something that takes 1 day to do I am not at all impressed. I can't have Scoobs loose in my car so that's us stuffed.

As he is going away I'm on a half day tomorrow so can come home and see to the pooches. So will be enjoying a longer weekend.

BIL has been confirmed as having terminal cancer so my sister will be having me up the wall again. I do feel for her and it's awful but I've had to shove myself into a bubble this past few months or go insane.

Fab Eve I look forward to going back up that way but it won't be this year. We discovered a brilliant chinese takeaway in a little place called Thornhill which is 14 miles north of Dumfries. We were staying in a cottage 2 miles up a road from Burnhead. I have searched high and low for that cottage and can't find it any more.

http://www.bing.com/maps/#Y3A9NTUuMTU1Mjc3NDExNDA4OH4tMy42OTA5NjIwMDkxMzE5MDg0Jmx2bD0xMSZzdHk9ciZydHA9cG9zLjU1LjI0MTUwMV8tMy43NjU5MTBfVGhvcm5oaWxsJTJDJTIwRHVtZnJpZXMlMjBhbmQlMjBHYWxsb3dheV9fX2VffnBvcy41NS4wNjk0ODlfLTMuNjE2MDkwX0R1bWZyaWVzJTJDJTIwRHVtZnJpZXMlMjBhbmQlMjBHYWxsb3dheV9fX2VfJm1vZGU9RCZydG9wPTB+MH4wfg==

Edited by Jacobean

Thanks Michelle and MArion and everyone who is voting. (hope I haven't missed anyone)

linky

http://petchampions.hugyourpet.co.uk/category/water-sports/view/107

Michelle, I hope your sister doesn't drive you potty, and that your BIL is made as comfortable as possible.

Did you find a cottage for your hols?

How annoying aboput the car!