UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Februarys Fantastic Fabulisms

merledogs

So sorry Suzeanne :GroupHug:

CRB I think I know where you might be based...cause they was cancelling them on Friday due to foggy conditions. I am glad Ian will be having treatment and will keep fingers and toes crossed for a successful outcome for him.

Marge, hope you get the support you need.

I have been and come back from Mallorca. It was beautiful and sunny. I wish I'd packed it in my bag and brought it back with me as it's grey and overcast here.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Your friend makes good progress CRB, will his wife be able to visit him??

been to the vets with diez, she has lost more weight... it is not a bad thing but beings as i am not trying with her i am bothered, she needs to go monthly now to have her weight checked and get her claws clipped...which only my vet can do as the nurses say her claws are fine but it interferes with her walking even if they are a few MM's too long and i always mess it up :laugh:

i need a recommendation for a mincer.... i can really only afford £50 or there abouts and i want it for mincing chicken wings, duck wings, rabbit etc for the dogs.... including the bone, all the ones on ebay seem to say not for mincing bone but i *think* some people on here use ones that aren't supposed to be for bone :unsure:

glad you had a nice holiday Murtle and yes we could do with the sun!

Edited by griff

I hope Your friend makes good progress CRB, will his wife be able to visit him??

been to the vets with diez, she has lost more weight... it is not a bad thing but beings as i am not trying with her i am bothered, she needs to go monthly now to have her weight checked and get her claws clipped...which only my vet can do as the nurses say her claws are fine but it interferes with her walking even if they are a few MM's too long and i always mess it up :laugh:

i need a recommendation for a mincer.... i can really only afford £50 or there abouts and i want it for mincing chicken wings, duck wings, rabbit etc for the dogs.... including the bone, all the ones on ebay seem to say not for mincing bone but i *think* some people on here use ones that aren't supposed to be for bone :unsure:

glad you had a nice holiday Murtle and yes we could do with the sun!

Northern Tools Mincers are used by some raw feeders. I don't think any of the domestic mincers say they are suitable for bones.

http://www.northerntooluk.com/food-preparation/electric-meat-grinders/230v-electric-meat-grinder_168620E.html

I bought an old fashioned cast iron mincer that fits onto the table edge. It cost £15. My husband used it for chicken wings when the dogs were going into kennels rather than the kennel owner feeding them whole bones.

it was lovely. if you know anyone this way thats getting married, tell them to go there.

im shattered lol we have allhad a sleep, but will sleep well tonight.

trudy is going for her brain scan tomorrow to see what the fits and aggression is. where she went while I was away, she has 2 chis and 2 yorkies. one chi was in her face barking like she does with ruby, she looked away and moved away, didnt want to fight. so its just ruby she targets. ive put a lead on her in the house and thats going to help I hope

this broken tooth isnt hurting but its sharp and my tongue is very sore. that will be done monday

:GroupHug: jazz hope all goes well with her scans. Glad you had a lovely time at the wedding :flowers:

Murtle..we're in Guernsey, channel islands

Mandy will be able to visit Ian but at her own cost, Guernsey states refuse to help with spouses/partners travel costs so as you can imagine it'll cost a fortune even if they subsidised it that would help but they wont.

Tis my lovely Izzies :wub: birthday still offically a puppy as shes really only 1yr old and not her other age of 4 yrs old :sleep: :rolleyes: :laugh: Shes had sausages today and yesterday had an early pressie by stealing half a large bar of turkish delight dairy milk chocolate :ohmy: Unfortunately i hadnt realised and it was only when i told the kids off for chucking the wrapper on the floor that i found out who the culprit was, phoned vets but as several hours had passed with no ill effects they said just to keep an eye on her. Bloody dog :rolleyes:

Happy Birthday Izzie :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

i do hope Ians wife can get over to see him :flowers:

I hate having no internet connection merledogs.... tis very frustrating! hope you get a good nights sleep tonight :flowers:

Blckmagic, thanks for the mincer recommendation..... i tied a hand one before but couldn't get a duck leg through it and ended up chucking it in the bin :laugh: i managed to find quite a powerful one on ebay, it is a cuisinepro grinder and it is used by quite a few feeders on the spring thing forum, it was a bit more than i can really afford but hopefully it will last and it worked out £5 cheaper than the nothern tools one

Does any one have any ideas why a spayed female cat who was done about 4/5 yrs ago suddenly has tom cats after her and is thoroughly enjoying the attention :ohmy: she has never done this and has suddenly started this morning.

No idea I'm afraid, but it might be worth having a chat with a vet?

oooooooooooo that is a bit strange Colliesrbest :unsure: i think i have read online that it is possible for a small amount of tissue to be left at the spey and that is enough to produce the hormones which would indicate to males that the female is in season (probably not explained that too well) diez is a bitch and she attracts boy dogs like mad but she had a complete hysterectomy.

i am furious, there is some land at the rear of garages near us, it used to be fenced off and it is covered in brambles bushes trees etc and is just left as nature intended, a couple of years back we started getting knocks on the door off our neighbours trying to force us to sign a petition to get the parking area resurfaced by the council (it belongs to us residents and is nothing to do with the council...let alone there is nothing wrong with the parking area) and demanding the council make some other residents cut down their trees...not prune them back but cut them down! anyway they bullied a council tree surgeon into cutting down trees on this neglected bit of land and he did replant more suitable trees, today tree surgeons have arrived and all i can hear is trees being cut :mecry: the land is a bit of a grey area, if you call the council they only own a bit of it but if you call the housing association they don't want to know so i can't try and get them to stop the tree surgeons... they wouldn't get here in time anyway :mecry: must be nice to have nothing better to do with your time than destroy stuff that doesn't belong to you :angry: i am so sick of them bullying people and using your property as their own...... might just get a taste of their own medicine now :angry:

some people have been spreading it around that ive put my dogs down, not due to old age and medical conditions, but because I was fed up of them and wanted to make way for a new one. if you hear anything, please let me know who they are,id like a word. and if they are saying this about me .....

jazz people can be evil feckers sometimes, was it today that your dog was getting her scan done?? or is it tomorrow (sorry i have lost track of days :rolleyes: )

the tree cutting has stopped i will try to get out later and see what has been removed, i hate the people round here, bunch of busy bodies and scutters! one of them has been mucking about with the cover on our jag, if i catch them at it god help em :laugh:

some people have been spreading it around that ive put my dogs down, not due to old age and medical conditions, but because I was fed up of them and wanted to make way for a new one. if you hear anything, please let me know who they are,id like a word. and if they are saying this about me .....

People usually only start this crap when you are doing the right thing so let them show themselves up with thier spite