UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Februarys Fantastic Fabulisms

merledogs

awww poor scoobs getting his bits entangled :unsure: could you put an arrow on it to show the way forward and then number any parts that need to be clipped on ?? (if there are any)

found a new battery at a decent price and hope my dad will go and fetch it tomorrow. i have looked up all the parts that i think will want seeing too and it is about £1000 so far which i think has cheered him up...... just need to keep him off ebay and prevent him buying anymore cars :laugh: although to be fair he has had his jag for about 12 years

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently I was doing it right and when he was stood up it was ok. Just with trying to hold him up, put the harness on and see underneath didn't look right. Being knee high to a grasshopper doesn't help. I kept whinging and wriggling which didn't help. Guess it must have been because I wasn't doing it quickly enough :rolleyes:

Its been all systems go here the past few days with all sorts of job vacancy deadlines looming and Robs off to University Of Wales on Sunday to do a foundation course in Welsh so had to get them done with my help. It's already paid off tho as he applied for one at 4pm Wednesday (closing date was 5pm Wed) and heard this afternoon he has an interview next Thursday :biggrin: Its worked out really well as the interview is in Cardiff about 10 mins away from where he'll be staying for the course and is at 6:30pm so he won't have to miss any of it :biggrin: fingers & toes crossed, positive thoughts and prayers for him please, we really really REALLY need for him to get a job but even more importantly this is a job doing everything hes always dreamed of doing once he left the RAF and its permanent and the pay is much better than anything else he's been applying for ... its just perfect and I soooooo want him to get it.

The results of my mums scan are back, the chemo is working which is great news, many of the tumours have gone altogether, and the rest are shrinking we found out that shes got some in her chest that we didnt even know about but they too are shrinking, however the slightly disappointing news for mum is that they have decided she will need another 4 cycles (8 more sessions of chemo) rather than just another 2 this means she'll need chemo biweekly until the middle of June, by which time she'll have been having chemo for over 8 months! :ohmy: However we're being positive and shes now exactly half way through so rather than counting up as we have been doing every week now we will be counting down to zero.

Morning :tired: Too much wine last night, feel a bit ick this morning.

Good luck for Rob's interview and glad your mum is showing signs of improvement Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Apparently I was doing it right and when he was stood up it was ok. Just with trying to hold him up, put the harness on and see underneath didn't look right. Being knee high to a grasshopper doesn't help. I kept whinging and wriggling which didn't help. Guess it must have been because I wasn't doing it quickly enough :rolleyes:

I just watched a video on Animal Rescue Site's cute dispute which may have made me blub a bit - click on 'The Unusual Walker' wub.gif

I just saw this on t'interweb and I like it

You can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one

So true flowers.gif

Wet and soggy here today, but at least it's not freezing cold.

just back from the beach - torrential rain meaning there was one other couple when we got there who lasted about 5 minutes then we had the place to ourselves so even the brat (yappy cavalier) could come off as there was nobody for her to race up to.

Almost back to the lifeboat station when I saw a horse come on and go down to the water - walking slowly so sensible owner as there were dogs free at the time. Put the dogs onlead straight away - dogs were taking no notice of it until China decided to poo and I had all of them in one hand and was bending down to pick it up and THAT is when the rider decided it would be a good time to canter!!! Big dogs looked round and I said NO (don't ask me why - the 2 who were pulling are deaf!) which meant Reg got scared and stepped backwards into the poo....... oh well, sand and rain and his feet were clean by the time we got back to the car.

Edited by buddyboy

Sounds like a typical West Wales walkies, as I remember :biggrin:

Very wet and windy here. Hope the rain keeps on for a bit here as we are in danger of drought for the rest of the year if the water levels don't pick up. Anyone got rain they don't want, bung it this way please.

It's stopped raining her and is brightening up biggrin.gif I have actually managed to do my first bit of gardening. Two of my Escallonia have black leaf spot so I am going to have to spray them with fungicide, but I can't do that before March, so they will have to wait. It's caused by excessively wet conditions so I'm going to have to move them from their current position.

Morning. Wet and chilly here.

Alex that vid set me off. Scoobs harness looks very similar to that. I've already had one person tell me Scooby should be put to sleep but he's happy and enjoying his walks so why the hell would I. Strangely indoors since having it his walking and movement have improved so maybe he either has had more of a workout than he has had recently or he's got a bit more confidence he's not going to fall. I just wish he wouldn't flop down on his bum the way he does. I really really need to get him some boots for his back feet though.

Snow have everything crossed that Rob gets that job. I'm a believer of if you want something badly enough it's yours and it's happened to me several times. Really pleased your mum is doing well on the treatment. :GroupHug:

Very true Yantan and something I've been living by recently. The past should be left in the past as it can't affect what's happening now unless you let it.

Glad Scoobs is doing so well :biggrin:

Everything crossed for that job, snow. Relieved to hear your mum is getting results from the chemo.

I can't remember the last chapter in my life as all the vacant data storage space in my brain is allocated to missing dogs. I don't want to know about the next one. No option but to live in the moment :laugh:

I have been using those wormers for a year - since friend bought a load when she took the bulk order to Crufts last time. No side effects, no itchy bottoms (well apart from the "hey, I'm on the clean, long haired rug in the living room, think I will have a scoot") and am about to order a load more for my lot and the rescue.... so get your order in fast before I run them out of stock!