UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Garden Fred 2012

eve

I'm off out to plant my bargains from Homebase yesterday. I love trawling through the reduced to clear section :laugh: I got three poppies for 20p each, a 20p fuschia and a £1 Hollyhock to go with my other bargain basement Hollyhock. All need a bit of tlc but they'll be fine soon. Going to start in the front garden and prune some hebes.

Oh my giddy aunt I did it :elefant: My severe anxiety and general lunacy has prevented me from doing any gardening in the front garden for a number of years :mecry: I can't spend any time out there because people might see me :mecry: But aided by vast amounts of yummy prescription drugs I've just created an entire border along the bottom of the front garden, planted all bar the Hollyhock in it, and planted an Aquilegia & Bleeding Heart that I bought last year with the intention of planting but couldn't do it so they've been in their pots ever since. Poor things survived the winter and are growing again so I felt I owed it to them to be a better Mummy :wub:

There's still a lot of weeding and pruning to be done out there but I'm giving myself a pat on the back for the small bit I have done. The chickens were delighted with four trugs full of grass & weeds to chomp through.

Bejo - well done for being brave flowers.gif I hate going out the front too in case anybody sees me. I have decided to be brave with the front garden this year and give it an overhaul, which means spending quite a bit of time on it, but I will force myself.

Marion - what sort of Camellia do you have?

Well done Bejo, doesn't sound like a small amount at all.

Well I spent Monday and Tuesday digging and pruning and digging and tipping lots of stuff and then planting some nice new fings. My Mom helped me, as a surprise before my OH came back. He's not a garden freak so I thought I'd get it all done so we can enjoy the garden and I don't have to ask him to spend his free time digging with me!

Alex your plants are very pretty and I love the Bonsai liberating :flowers: