UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Daily Digest

gooster

That's disgusting Mags. If you don't get a satisfactory response from LIDL I would take it further. It's obvious if a sign is in the same spot and looks alike you're not going to read it every time you park there. Go to the papers etc if they don't see sense. Huge hugs :GroupHug:

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mags :GroupHug: I expect they didn't advertise the change in an obvious way so they could catch people out and make more money :angry:

Didn't hear back from Derbyshire Times. I expect they are waiting to see if anything exciting happens this weekend, and if not they may get back to me on Monday.

Wispa not in good mood because Becky had to work late and had no time to walk her this eve. She has expressed her annoyance by grabbing soggy crusts off the bird table and shoving them down the back of the sofa. :rolleyes:

My laptop has been degunked, defragmented, had a better firewall installed, had browsers etc updated to latest version without losing a single bookmark, and had a load of unwanted files removed which I hadn't been able to get rid of because a trojan got in and wouldn't let me delete any files. All done by remote access. It was very strange seeing the cursor float around by itself as it did all the work. I could watch everything being done and chat to the technician on a notepad which he set up. Laptop now much faster and not doing weird stuff :biggrin:

That is disgusting Mags :angry: Were you shopping in Lidl for the full time you were there? If so, Lidl should definitely do something, otherwise it will make people go elsewhere to do their shopping :(

Senior optometrist had another word with me today. This time the clinical director (who I get on really well with) sat in. She was telling me that my conversion still isn't good enough. I then showed her the log of my patients and reasons for not buying. She then said I shouldn't look at each day as an individual and look at my results over a longer period of time. I then lost it a bit and said that if what I am doing is not good enough, then I will start looking for alternative employment.

The clinical director stayed after the senior had gone, and made me feel a bit better. Every other staff member is lovely, they all know that the senior is going through a stage of picking on me, and are all on my side. Spoke to one of the contact lens opticians and she said that I could do a far better job than the current one. Unfortunately, the current senior has been there for over 10 years, so it's unlikely she is going anywhere any time soon :(

Thanks for the badly needed hugs ladies :flowers:

Just to clarify two things please. Lidls hire NCPS (National Car Park S....omething) to monitor the carpark. Your man told me that he only worked for NCPS and the policy was nothing to do with him yet the signs clearly are from NCPS :unsure: When I have calmed down I will be reporting him as I have his reference number. But I believe either Lidl or NCPS should have had big signs making sure everyone was aware of change of policy.

Secondly,if I was in the wrong, I would gladly pay my fine and call myself an idiot. I have been parking in this carpark for about two years. Granted I do leave my car there and go about some other business around town but I come back and do some shopping in the store. I do not just use their free car park and leave without giving my custom. This has obviously been fine until today when the rules changed secretly.

I took far too long typing my reply Gooster so missed your question which I think I have answered above. But, it is putting me off shopping there if they allow ignoramuses into their carparks working on their behalf. I will see what they respond with.

Yay for faster lappy Owl

Morning :tired:

Mags - clampers who prey on people like that are the scum of the earth mad.gif Worth checking if they have a licence (not sure if they need one over there, but they do here) Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif I would definitely appeal to LIDL and tell them it's put you off shopping there again. At the end of the day, it's their car park and the clampers work for them, so they can't absolve themselves of the responsibility.

Owl - for degunked lappy.woof.gif

Jayne - does your company have an anti bullying policy? Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

RMF : It's windy as bejesus out there windy-1.gif

SUEP bigurrr.gif

Mags :GroupHug:

Jayne - my opticians is the same company you work for isn't it? Is this selling lark something thats supposed to be the same in all stores? Cos I can honestly say that in the 12 years or so I have been registered with them the optician has never ever attempted to sell me anything if my prescription has changed then after my eye test I go out and see one of the dispenser people but as I usually go for my eye test on my own I never buy anything that day as I need hubby to come back with me to choose my new frames (OK now I have had my implant and have a contact lens I can now actually see what frames look like on me but I still take hubby for a 2nd opinion :laugh: ). I'm always told about the "offers" but theres never any pressure on me to buy more expensive frames, once or twice I've even reused old frames & lenses and had a sunglasses coating added on my old prescription for my "spare pair" and they have never tried telling me they aren't suitable etc. It's precisely because there is no pressured "selling" that I have stayed a customer - the instant they make the switch from "concerned opticians" to "salemen" I would take my business elsewhere - theres plenty of choice. Does your senior not realise this?

We've had a wet and windy walk. Dogs all have lamb bones and there's lots of crunching going on.

I bought a bonsai tree for a fiver from Morrisons the other day. I am trying to find out what sort it is. I have already repotted him into a bigger container cos he was pot bound.

006-2.jpg

Mug that Marge bought me as part of my SS wub.gif

002-6.jpg

Mags I don't know if they cover where you are, but worth asking on here.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=60

They were brilliant when I was issued a ticket a few years back now. I didn't over stay my welcome, I merely used the same place twice but they only catch first in and last out pictures and make the assumption you've been there the whole time. I've never shopped at Tesco's since!