UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Daily Digest

gooster

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='owl' timestamp='1326368077' post='930499'

She wants all the mini horses out, even though she has been fine with them all summer because they cleared all the wilderness which she had moaned non-stop about before because the seeds blew into her garden. Now the paddock looks a bit muddy, even though she can't see it from anywhere except the bottom of her drive, so she has gone off on one.

I think she may be obsessive. She caught some squirrels in a cage trap in her garden and got someone to release them in woodland a long way away, but marked them with yellow paint first so she would know them if they came back. :rolleyes:

If she can only see the mud from one place, I'd suggest politely that she has a piece of fencing put up...as for the squirrels, I think I'm correct in saying that a captured grey squirrel must either be destroyed or kept in a secure environment, not released into the wild as they are not a native species. Perhaps Environmental Health would be interested in her painted ones? silly old bat! Did you get someone to go to the vet for you for the ashes, by the way? My daughter doesn't work on Fridays, if it's the vet in Dronfield, I'm sure she'd go for you?

Oh no Alex, you said the "audit" word!! It's coming up to audit season at work and I am dreading it, it's soooo boring :mecry:

I hate them too and I have several to do this month :(

It's dry here and the door is open so the dogs can pootle outside if they want - but instead they are all snuggled up in bed or on my legs.

RMF : I've been to Sainsburys. My bill came to £55, which included £12 I saved on multibuys. I had a voucher for £5 off my next shop over £50 (normally I shop weekly but I purposely did two weeks worth to get the discount). I also had a fiver on my Nectar Card which I used, so I ended up paying £45 for two weeks' worth of food which should have cost £67 biggrin.gif If I had loaded up my gift card in advance I would have saved another 5% but I didn't cos I'm a muppet. Freezer is now full and I don't know which yummy bit to start on laugh.gif

Best get to that audit rolleyes.gif

If she can only see the mud from one place, I'd suggest politely that she has a piece of fencing put up...as for the squirrels, I think I'm correct in saying that a captured grey squirrel must either be destroyed or kept in a secure environment, not released into the wild as they are not a native species. Perhaps Environmental Health would be interested in her painted ones? silly old bat! Did you get someone to go to the vet for you for the ashes, by the way? My daughter doesn't work on Fridays, if it's the vet in Dronfield, I'm sure she'd go for you?

Grey squirrels are a non native species and a licence from Natural England is required to release one.

Releasing immediately in the place it is trapped is okay but as soon as it is removed from the area, whether into a vehicle or premises, a licence must be obtained before releasing it.

Whether you would get a licence is another matter

We already put a fence up, and she has to climb over her flowerbed to see the muddy bit or stand out in the road. She is a persistent grumbler and if it isn't one thing it will be another. I think part of her dislike of me could be that she is really into chatting and gossiping and knowing everyone's business, and I have deliberately never let her know much about me and won't discuss other people.

Thank you, but it's not the vet in Dronfield, it's Spire vet on St Johns Ave, near Racecourse Road, not far from Sheepbridge estate. I'm hoping I will be up to taking the car out for a local trundle tomorrow so may do it myself.

:laugh: :laugh: i like your style murtle :biggrin: i had to do that once as my business was being broadcast all over..... now the person can't grasp why i say very little to them :rolleyes:

Flowers had turned up at my nans she hadn't got round to calling, she sounds shocking on the phone, macmillan are going in to see her tomorrow so hopefully they can make her feel a bit better.

i have an electric cycle question.... do you have to pedal them at all or can you just sit on and use electricity to propel you? i am trying to find ways of getting to my nan in an emergency and i don't drive, there are no buses and a taxi is £14 each way :ohmy: the only way is by train and walking so i thought i could get an E cycle, then the train and that would do me..... i can't pedal at all as my legs are knackered

:laugh: :laugh: i like your style murtle :biggrin: i had to do that once as my business was being broadcast all over..... now the person can't grasp why i say very little to them :rolleyes:

Flowers had turned up at my nans she hadn't got round to calling, she sounds shocking on the phone, macmillan are going in to see her tomorrow so hopefully they can make her feel a bit better.

i have an electric cycle question.... do you have to pedal them at all or can you just sit on and use electricity to propel you? i am trying to find ways of getting to my nan in an emergency and i don't drive, there are no buses and a taxi is £14 each way :ohmy: the only way is by train and walking so i thought i could get an E cycle, then the train and that would do me..... i can't pedal at all as my legs are knackered

Can you not get the train and then a taxi?

Some fact re electric bikes here

http://www.powarider.com/faqs_bikes.php#q10

Yes, have a bit of fun...you could be anything from a retired Madam of a very bawdy house to an MI5 operative! :laugh:

Owl has already been accused of growing Canabis

Sorry you are having such a difficult time, Marion :GroupHug:

Glad the good memories of George are starting to come back.

Unfortunately my neighbour is making more trouble than I thought. She has been doing her best to bully the other neighbours into siding with her against me. The issue with Wispa barking at passing horses etc in the afternoons, which of course I dealt with as soon as I knew about it, was complained about to everyone else before me. She wants all the mini horses out, even though she has been fine with them all summer because they cleared all the wilderness which she had moaned non-stop about before because the seeds blew into her garden. Now the paddock looks a bit muddy, even though she can't see it from anywhere except the bottom of her drive, so she has gone off on one.

She did of course try to persuade me not to take the tenancy before I moved in, and told me the previous tenant had moved out because of the damp which was not true. Only one room is damp and he didn't use it. I don't think she wants anyone living here at all.

I think she may be obsessive. She caught some squirrels in a cage trap in her garden and got someone to release them in woodland a long way away, but marked them with yellow paint first so she would know them if they came back. :rolleyes:

If she had done two stripes she could have sold them as Chipmunks and turned a profit

I got an electric scooter off ebay for £25, I go everywhere on it, I don't care how much of a t*t I look. I get to laugh at all those people stuck in traffic as I whizz myself off to work biggrin.gif just don't try giving someone the finger while riding unless you've got the "skillz". Not that you would, you're clearly a nice person who doesn't have to resolve conflict in such an uncivil manner closedeyes.gif

thankyou for the help with bikes and scooters, i could get the train and a taxi but she is in the "sticks" and the only taxi company aren't very reliable... they turn up late if they turn up at all. i did plan on getting my cbt done and buying a scooter but i can't get the money together for the scooter, the test and the insurance..... i did find a scooter style electric bike for £600 which i am very much liking but it is too big to get on a train but perhaps i could keep saving for that :biggrin: although i might just make it there and back on the battery :unsure: .... will look a right sight with my crutches folded up and in my rucksack :laugh:

:laugh: i had completely forgotten about Owl being investigated for growing cannabis! bet she would have a fit if she knew that :laugh: