UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ongoing Orations

merledogs

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry MB, if your vision is still good, the optician will just monitor it to make sure it's not getting to the stage where treatment is needed. I will always tell someone if they have early cataracts, as if they poke themselves in the eyes a week after their sight test, and end up in hospital, and the doctor there tells them they have cataract, the patient will think I haven't done my job properly. Not telling a patient but writing it in the record that they have early cataract can also cause problems with private medical insurance claims later on (pre existing conditions etc!)

So, you don't need to worry or tell your doctor, the optician will have their records of your vision etc so that they can tell if it is worsening :flowers:

Afternoon :wavey:

Sssssshhhh, but I have finished the audit report and emailed it off. Very frustrating in that it doesn't give definitive answers due to the lack of response by the Auditee, so no doubt some people will whinge about that and forget about the two weeks that I have worked all hours to complete it. :rolleyes:

sod em, you have done your best. if they blame you, blame him :GroupHug:

corrrr ive had one of the antidepressants, and I checked it was only one lol and it knocked me out. how they hell are you supposed to have them every day and still exist? back in the box

Relieved to hear Dyl's results.

Hurrah the audit is done :biggrin:

My new walking boots arrived today, just in time as the old ones came apart. I got the same brand and style. An inexpensive boot which is comfy from day one, and then survives being worn by me just about every day for a year before disintegrating, is a style to stay with forever.

We had some frost this morning, first this winter, and have started lighting a fire in the evenings to Wispa's delight. Cheers me up as well. I used to quite like winter but the last one put me right off.

Wispa is a lot happier and less stressed now that we have the fencing up. She loves playing ball with me in the back garden, and doesn't bother so much about people/dogs/horses going up and down the road. We humans have done our duty and barricaded them all out, so no need to warn them all off. She will sit by the gate which is set well back up our drive and give a few barks when they go past, but she doesn't kick off like she used to.

Evening

Pleased the audit is over Alex. Have a chill this weekend

Weather is supposed to be warming up now

I've had a rather lovely curry for my tea. Don't tell my tum

Keep meaning to say good luck with the job application Julia :flowers:

Edited by Jacobean

Alan has kicked the bucket. He'd been in hospital for eight days, Ian got a phonecall at 5.50am from a Dr to say they were trying to revive him. We knew by the time Ian got there he would've gone. Ians office is near the hospital so he's now sat there all alone calling his mum and brothers. He wants to tell the girls when he gets home, they think he's just out on a call because he's on call this week. I hope he arranges cover while he's at work but I doubt he will.

Alan tried his hardest for seven years to make my life hell. I nearly killed myself because of him. I hope he rots in hell where he belongs.

Morning :wavey:

Bejo - I am sorry for Ian and the girls that his dad has died, but pleased (not sure that's the right word) for you because I know he's made your life hell for many years Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Me the dogs have had a lovely walk, then I dropped them off and took the car to the car wash and called in at MaccyDees on the way back. Am about to do some hoovering and then I'll chill for a bit with my book.

RMQ: Why is it that Max can be clean in the house all spring/summer and as soon as Autumn comes he starts peeing again dry.gif

RMF 1: Had an email from our Services Director thanking me for the audit report. Apparently the Board members are discussing it and will formally respond to my recommendations by Tuesday. I was tempted to tell him that's two weeks of my life I'll never get back!

RMF 2: Our operational MD has just added me to his Linkedin network, ooo-er unsure.gif I've said "hello" to him a couple of times but we've never been introduced and I didn't think he knew who I was. Obviously my reputation precedes me (or maybe he wants to keep an eye on me) laugh.gif He's a Board member so may well have seen the audit report, which may be where he's got my name from.

I don't know whether it's a good thing or not having my name bandied about at that level, I like to keep myself under the radar if I can.