UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Meandering Monologue

merledogs

I've been away since Friday evening. Hope everyone is ok. With my address being plastered openly for Oldies Club I don't like to say beforehand publicly any more.

Have been to outlaws in Kent. They haven't had any rain for ages. Come back home and it's wet and windy.

Hope you manage to get started with your studying Alex so you can even it out and not be trying to cram too much in just before the exam.

Edited by Jacobean

Polly settled well last night but wanted out at 5.45. Fair enough, then Wispa woke and needed out but went happily back to sleep. Then Polly wanted out again as she had forgotten to do something. Back to bed for about 10 mins then she wanted out again, this time only to sniff out mice in the stone walls. Back to bed, 10 mins then she starts jumping up and down and shouting for breakfast. Elderly pulis aaargh!

Landlord turned up to do fencing, rain stopped work.

Got my eye on a reasonable-looking old diesel Berlingo as current owlmobile has only 2 months to go before going off the road for good. Need to twist the arm of a knowledgeable friend to come with me to inspect it.

Hope you can get that bunny to a more suitable home, Karen.

freddie must be on the same mindset as polly. he was wandering the house and moaning he couldnt get up the stairs many times in the night. he normally starts barking any time from 6am, then starts the others off. he wont stop for lewis, only for me,even though hes opened the back door for them. ive tryed ignoring him, but he carries on. I dont want the neighbours complaining.

luckily enough he doesnt do it every day, but its more frequent. ive found a lump in his armpit. its got a bit bigger in a week. I dont want to know.

Morning :tired:

Alex, my Percy Wiseman rhododendron looks beautiful - first year of flowering. Have just taken some pics for the gardening thread for you :laugh:

Thank you biggrin.gif

RMF: Have achieved just about nothing today. Was full of big plans to go to B&Q to buy shelves and tile edging and stuff, but OH woke up with a comedy sausage finger so we had a nice trip to the NHS walk in centre, followed by a quick detour to the sweetie shop and now we are just ligging about :rolleyes:

laugh.gif at comedy sausage. Hope his sausage finger is okay now flowers.gif

Hope you manage to get started with your studying Alex so you can even it out and not be trying to cram too much in just before the exam.

WB Michelle and thank you flowers.gif

Hope Freddie's lump is nothing flowers.gif

Snow I feel your pain re the hormones Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

. ffs I now dont have a friggen clue what to do *sighs* fecking hormones making me all dithery and weepy!!!

Why not get your normal hairdresser to give you a consultation , take the photo of the style you have already had done and discuss with her what you did and did not like about it ( including its longevity ) and ask her to give you some other options and then book in and have one done

If you decide your like your hairdressers "do" better than you can tell Vicky etc that you are having your own hairdresser do your hair to reduce the strain/time constraints on her hairdresser so she has more time to work on the Bride & Bridesmaids

That way you get the hair you want and Vicky does not have to worry about being late

As an aside maybe worth having a chat with your GP re how you are feeling, you have sounded rather strained for a while so maybe its time to ask for and accept some help flowers.gif

my friends the same. the doctor says shes not going through the change, but we all know when shes due on :ohmy:

sometimes its just seeing a different doctor with a different attitude that makes the difference. when my periods stopped then started, my doctor said yes, your going through the change, that was that

Thinking of Louise and Diesel, hoping news is good.

If Freddie's lump is fast growing it could be a fluid cyst?

It's blowing a chilly gale here. Nice relaxed morning so far as both Polly and Wispa opted for a lie-in. Am trying to arrange a viewing time which suits both the seller of the Berlingo and the part-time farm-worker friend who is coming to inspect it with me. Everything must be arranged between silage cutting, much the same as in West Wales. Changing the owlmobile is something I find almost as stress-making as moving house. Silly to get so attached to them, no vehicle lasts forever except possibly those old grey Ferguson tractors. I will miss the valiant Petronella, but when they have too much lace edging on the bodywork it's time to say goodbye.

Phebe, my OH has a diesel Partner. Much the same thing as the Berlingo. He swapped to it after he got his new knees as it's there's no bucket seats to clamber in and out of. There's a huge amount of space in the boot even with all the seats in place and without the seats it's amazing how much will fit in there! I did feel it was a bit like driving a van to start with but got used to it very quickly.

Hope that you can arrange to view your potential new one soon!

Because this exam I'm doing is 'theoretically' the last one, it's a different format from the others. You get the case study a month before the exam and then you study it and try to guess which areas are going to come up in the questions. You can also take workbooks into the exam with you. I have been trying to organise the literature I'm taking in with me for the past four hours non stop and I still haven't finished. It's bluddy public sector as well so there are zillions of EU procurement directives and reports from various govt departments to read through, the vast majority of which won't come up but I daren't not read them just in case. I'm up to three files worth of paperwork and two study guides. I really need to get it down cos there is way too much and I'll end up spending the whole exam just consulting my notes instead of writing rolleyes.gif

Mrs Wise Owl, one of Diesels lumps (he has a few) is big, like almost half tennis ball size, the vet took a sample and it went down, now its coming back up, would that be normal for a fluid filled one? I've just found another 2 lumps too, i am not liking this :unsure: the big one feels different to the others too, some are tiny.. but one of the ones i just found is near his windpipe :mecry: