UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Meandering Monologue

merledogs

Just back from an amazing two days in Dorset. My friend got married at Monkey World, it was a fantastic day, weather was beautiful, so was the ceremony. The chimpanzees came up to the viewing window to watch! :laugh: Afterwards the staff put on one of the best buffets I have seen, if you get chance to go there it's lovely to see the work they do.

Hi Lizzie :wavey:

I have also been a domestic demon and am now too tired to do anything. Maybe a film on iPlayer and a very early night. Icy gale blowing here, heating on and have lit the fire. I do hope Polly will settle down better tonight. Last night she got me out of bed 3 times after 11. Once for a P, once for no reason except that she felt like it, and once when she decided to go out for a nice walk down to the village at midnight. I refused to go past the gate as only wearing night clothes and she got quite stroppy.

Morning :wavey:

Sam, :wavey:. Do you have a freezer to put food in so you can make up batches of meals?

I bought a nice smart dress, tried on the size 12then bought it in a size 10! :biggrin: Step daughter was most jealous!

I do have a freezer and so far have frozen 4 portions of Quorn Bolognese that I made last night and today will be freezing up the results of my slow cooker . I am trying to keep to the slimming world plan so this will really help with that plus keep my food bills under control

size 10 well done you flowers.gif

I would expect so, Karen. I think the same rule applies to horses and livestock.

Thanks Phebe. I have a stray rabbit here. He is in pretty bad condition - his owners know he is here but haven't collected him. I'd rather like to whisk him away to somewhere safe.

can you say the rabbit died it was so ill, and whisk it away if you know they arnt interested?

something great happened yesterday that I shall disclose later, but just cant be happy about it with mother like she is.

I had done all the arranging, just one part someone else was supposed to do, then they decided they couldnt so I had to. not happy, that really spoilt it

Can you actually dig with those hoes then Marge? My back gets really sore from digging, I might give one a go if they are better than a spade.

They take a bit of getting used to, but I managed to turn over a large area yesterday, ready for planting. My back is twinging this morning, but I haven't got any more to do. It is certainly a lot quicker. i didn't go too deep, so I don't know about turning soil for the winter, but here is a link to an Azada which is about the same, just a Spanish name. It was great for getting through the very dry compacted soil. :biggrin: Seemingly, these tools are widely used abroad, but we Brits prefer to suffer. :wink:

Linky

Molly came 4th in Prettiest Bitch :wub:

Well done Molly :wub:

yyyyyeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!

You pleased then? :laugh: :unsure:

Marge, never heard of the hoe but will google it shortly. Anything that helps with the back ache is good. Well done on the size 10 too!

Still have a few aches, but i have finished the job and don't have to do any more. will update the allotment thread when we've finished today :biggrin:

Glad you had a good time Lizzie, that sounds amazing :biggrin:

:GroupHug: jazz.

Off to plant some veggies in the lotty, had some rain last night so the ground should be softer.

Bit wibbly about it, in case the plants get eaten. Ah well, we were planning a lotty Bar-B-que with some neighbours yesterday, so that will be fun. I'm coming to realise that it's not all about the plants on the lotty. :biggrin:

Edited by houndzrus

Off to plant some veggies in the lotty,

Lotty is making me giggle are you hanging out with any ozzies per chance laugh.gif everything in Oz is shortened and given an Y at the end as well for good measure, we are doing a railway exercise next weekend with emergency services including the Ambos and Fireys :biglaugh:

Weekend is nearly over here and I have just ironed my work shirt for the morning....

Lotty is making me giggle are you hanging out with any ozzies per chance

there may well be some Aussies on the "Allotment" forum :laugh: :laugh:

I'm tired :tired: Do I have a nap before I go to buy more Rhododendrons

so what did you do? :unsure:

I don't know where the time goes! We've done loads of work and planting, just hope nothing gets eaten by next week :unsure: Need to get cleaned up and then have dinner. Just feel like having a nap though :laugh:

I rather think the suspicion about me being menopausal have been answered with my moods recently - yesterday I spent the entire day (and I do mean the entire day much to my shock) having the hair and make up trial for the wedding - I thought I'd be a couple of hours not all day :ohmy: the brides hair alone took 2 hours we are all now panicking about timings for the day as theres the bride, 2 bridesmaids and me to get done, we started at 10am went through without any break whatsoever for the lady doing the hair etc and we finished at 4:15!!! Thats 1 1/4 hours later than the wedding will be :ohmy: mine took well over an hour :wacko: when I saw thw result I wasn't sure about it .... it wasn't at all like I had mentally pictured but Vicky & her sisters thought I looked "lush" and "gorgeous" it's a bit more "girly" than I see myself and of course I have never really seen myself all made up without glasses (the make up is very very VERY different to how I do my own make up which is usually a LOT stronger and more dramatic). Problem is that it had already started dropping even before I drove home barely an hour after it was done, by the time I actually got home you would never have thought I'd had my hair curled at all, Rob couldnt tell what I'd had done to my hair. Now granted the hairdresser did say she hadn't used any hairspray on it as I wasn't going out anywhere afterwards so it didn't need to stay in but even so....it got me a bit concerned. I was moody most of last night.

This morning I got the photos that were taken of me straight after it was done ...once again the email from Vicky says how lovely I look etc. ... but to me I just look so different and not at all mother-of-the-groom I pictured in my head... so I brooded some more ...then I picked a fight with hubby over some frigging cobwebs and then I burst into stupid stupid pathetic tears which ended up as big snotty heaving sobs wails and bawling.... arrrggggggggggggggggg and I could hear myself saying I look awful, and my hair is awfull and waaaa waaa bloody waaaa :rolleyes: Rob says I should book an appointment with MY hairdresser and get her to try a style for me and see if thats any better and to do my own make up as I always do a nice job when I do it so that managed to shut me up for a bit, meantime though my mother emailed me to say shes now seen the photos and she thinks the hair and make up looks lovely ....... ffs I now dont have a friggen clue what to do *sighs* fecking hormones making me all dithery and weepy!!!

so what did you do? :unsure:

I went and bought some ickle baby Drawf Rhododendrons. The garden centre I went to depresses me, I only went cos they have the cheap small plants. It used to be a great place but then it got sold and it's really gone downhill.

I actually did some studying today, need to do extra tomorrow and Tuesday to make up for not doing much before now rolleyes.gif

Alex, my Percy Wiseman rhododendron looks beautiful - first year of flowering. Have just taken some pics for the gardening thread for you :laugh:

RMF: Have achieved just about nothing today. Was full of big plans to go to B&Q to buy shelves and tile edging and stuff, but OH woke up with a comedy sausage finger so we had a nice trip to the NHS walk in centre, followed by a quick detour to the sweetie shop and now we are just ligging about :rolleyes:

Snow, my sympathies. It's no fun being a slave to your hormones, it's most unsettling how it changes your character :GroupHug: