UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Meandering Monologue

merledogs

I might ask the maker of the first link if they can make a sign to a spec. As I'd like to have something about if you aren't expected or delivering please don't knock as it upsets the dogs.

The charity collector was very annoyed with me tonight but I really really hate door to door collections and I don't even donate if they are collecting for charities I do normally donate to. My religious visitors over the holiday were equally annoyed, which I find a bit much. I don't go visiting the church telling everyone to stop believing.......

Morning :tired: Been awake since 3.30 am :tired: Work stuff on my mind and something suddenly occurred to me which necessitated a call to a colleague who is in Jamaica. Thankfully due to the time difference he hadn't gone to bed yet.

Back in work today :(

I have a sign which I printed and laminated and which sits in the front window (see below).

002-2.jpg

I've had some extra work added to my job description and for once I don't mind at all .... I'm now the official puppy sitter :laugh: :laugh: found out that the family did actually enquire after several of the rescue dogs I showed them, 2 had already been rehomed *yay* 1 was reserved, 1 wasn't suitable for very young children and 1 had come into rescue because it was a stock chaser so wouldn't have been suitable to go to the farm with them.

They then had a call from Millies breeder who was going to a show in Malvern on the weekend and who offered to introduce the family to a couple of breeders who only home puppies to people with personal recommendations, vets refs and home checks one of whom had a current litter all reserved but she was taking bookings for the next one, so off they went. Turned out that a bitch puppy who had been reserved was now available after all so they went and met the parents and spend some time with the pups and came home with Daisy.

Shes 8 weeks old and boy is she bright - a very quick learner you can actually see her working things out, I had her sitting for a treat in just a few mins ( must say that didn't half impress the family tho honestly that had a lot more to do with how quick Daisy is and how food orientated she is than any skill on my part :laugh: ). Shes very much a terrier, nose down loves poking in dark corners and behind chairs and fetching out what she finds which has to be shaken and carried off to play with, not a bit phased by the children (breeder has grandchildren who have been around the pups since they were born) and she has already worked out just who is the best one to play with and who is best for cuddles.

The bosses wife has plans for puppy classes and eventually either mini flyball or mini agility, I already brought up spaying and told her about pyo and I might even have laid it on a bit thick about drippy in heat bitches and very small children .... :wink:

It's playgroup today so they'll all be gone for the morning and I get to have the puppy all to myself .... cant see much other work being done somehow :laugh:

must say, I do love my 7 month old pup, though im still trying to find the off button for barking lol say no, she barks at you, excited, barks ... get the drift.

Im doing the

good girl shush when she is quiet, thats hopefully starting to work.

when you take on an older dog, you forget all this has already been trained, and the time it takes

Notice is 30 days. I'm hoping my supervisor will say she wants to train the new person herself so I can leave earlier but I bet I'll be stuck there until the bitter end.

Good luck with the notice period Michelle, I would paste a smile on my face and keep it there for the whole period and through whatever rubbish stuff happens, just to be annoying :laugh:

I missed the start of Exile last night, thanks to trying to sort out why Capital One had put a stop on my credit card :angry: They called me early yesterday morning - a courtesy call the bloke said - and asked me to tell them my details over the phone. I said I would rather call them back, just in case they were random fraudsters. I couldn't be bothered to call back to be honest, as I thought they were just trying to sell me something, and when I went to use paypal at about 9pm to pay for a Galgo book the transaction was blocked. Capital One said speak to Paypal as there must be a problem with the transaction. Paypal said there was no problem, speak to Capital One. Capital One have just tried to tell me they called me yesterday morning to query the paypal transation - the one that I didn't make until about 12 hours later - and that's why my card was blocked yesterday morning :wacko: Bloody annoying :angry:

Bugger me I appear to be flying to Australia tomorrow for a minimum of 3 months laugh.gif and as per usual am not packed !

Mark is going to come and see me for a few weeks which is very exciting but even with all my other overseas travel this is still the longest I will ever have been away from home in one trip and I do miss my family when I am away mecry.gifbut its where the work is and I am bloody lucky to have a job even if its 11 thousand miles away

Bugger me I appear to be flying to Australia tomorrow for a minimum of 3 months laugh.gif and as per usual am not packed !

Mark is going to come and see me for a few weeks which is very exciting but even with all my other overseas travel this is still the longest I will ever have been away from home in one trip and I do miss my family when I am away mecry.gifbut its where the work is and I am bloody lucky to have a job even if its 11 thousand miles away

All the very best for your trip to Oz. I know you'll have a great time and do a fabulour job. Fugees will be looking forward to hearing from you.

:cheer: GO SAM :cheer: GO SAM GO :cheer: GO SAAAAAAAM :cheer:

You are very brave. I dunno if I would be as resolute as you are to it but fair play to you.

Entertaining day at work today vast majority of it playing with Daisy - work vs puppy play = no contest :laugh: have yet to stop laughing at the bosses wifes exploits this morning - as usual she went off on her morning cycle ride first thing it was only when she got back home she realised she'd done the whole ride wearing her shaper knickers instead of her cycle shorts :wacko: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: