UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Meandering Monologue

merledogs

Evening :flowers:

:ohmy: jazz no diagnosis!

Good luck in Aussie Sam, sounds exciting. :flowers:

Haven't really caught up, spent the afternoon at the allotment yesterday and ended up in bed by 8pm! Couldn't stay awake! :laugh:

Back to work today and the usual bedlam :rolleyes: , so I am looking online for somewhere to go for a weekend :biggrin:

Is anyone friends with Galgo angel Mo Swatek on Facebook? Her posts are in Spanish, naturally :rolleyes: but I'm wondering if she has an English version so I can follow that rather than translating her posts.

I have been and done the pony, called at Tesco, made supper, done the dishes, cleaned out the hens and the cat litter, fed the dogs and I'm now looking forward to a glass of wine and the third part of Exile on BBC1 at 9pm. I love Jim Broadbent.

Does anyone have a sign on their door to prevent unwanted callers? Does it work and what wording do you have?

I have a sign, that Alex Merle, made me, saying don't knock unless invited to stop the dogs barking, or something to that effect! Only once or twice have I had to answer the door and point them to the sign. Though TBH unless I'm expecting someone I just let them knock.

Thanks all :flowers:

I've found these

linky 1, linky 2

and like this one too, but think the last line may be a bit offensive and whilst I don't want people preaching to me on my doorstep I also don't want to offend them either.

Think I may go for the first one.

Can't just ignore the door as the dogs will keep going mental, and Khanu will get wound up so much by someone standing there and/or knocking he can sometimes redirect onto whoever is next to him. Plus we also get a lot of deliveries now I work from home mainly and I do want those....

Sam, with your preparations for Oz again I was looking through my pics-or starting to as I took hundreds and they really need sorting. However I found these ones taken whilst waiting for the sun to set and thought I would share

AustralianSky2.jpg

AustralianSky.jpg

They were both taken at the Apostle's, it was really windy and chilly to boot. There were a few others poised ready for sunset as well

waitingforsunset.jpg

There wasn't a really good sunset, but the skyscapes were worth it anyway.

Fab photos Sandra biggrin.gif I am taking my camera this time ( last trip I just had my camera phone ) and as I am there for longer hopefully I should be a lot more relaxed and have more time to do and see stuff. Last time was like a 4 week job interview , this time its more like a normal job and I even get a weeks paid leave for every 3 months I am there :jumpy:

I've resigned and it was awful. I've got to tell my supervisor in the morning. Lord only knows how she'll take it/what she'll say. My head is battered but at least now I will be counting the days down.

How long is your notice period ? I hope its not to rough on you flowers.gif

Fab photos Sandra biggrin.gif I am taking my camera this time ( last trip I just had my camera phone ) and as I am there for longer hopefully I should be a lot more relaxed and have more time to do and see stuff. Last time was like a 4 week job interview , this time its more like a normal job and I even get a weeks paid leave for every 3 months I am there :jumpy:

Yay! You will have fun! If you want to see a mining town, go to Ballarat (where sis lives)-it's called Sovereign Hill and the people dress up, you can even pan for gold!!linky

are you packed sam?

you would think by now I would have the hang of packing but no I am not and it will all get down last minute as normal laugh.gif

Yay! You will have fun! If you want to see a mining town, go to Ballarat (where sis lives)-it's called Sovereign Hill and the people dress up, you can even pan for gold!!linky

I will be taking Sirius with me this time so maybe we can both pop into see your sister to make up for him not quite making it last year ! I am sure Sirius would love to pan for gold

Notice is 30 days. I'm hoping my supervisor will say she wants to train the new person herself so I can leave earlier but I bet I'll be stuck there until the bitter end.

I really hope it works out for you