UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Alluring Orations

merledogs

I've had a lovely few hours with Dad & Stepmum. Their parrot and Bichon are comical.

:laugh:

My dog is bonkers

24-4-11242.jpg

:laugh:

Hope you get your headache shifted Alex :flowers:

Glad Shady is making herself at home :wub:

Almost packed now, just a few bits and pieces to do, I have packed just about everything I own and I know I won't wear even half of it. Trouble is, if I leave it I will leave the one thing I need! :laugh:

:flowers: Glad to hear Shady is back Jazz, she looks very sweet.

:angry: I think Molly is a fish killer!! OH got up this morning and said that my white Asian Koi was in the middle of the garden, he said it hadn't looked too well the other day so i didn't think too much about it. However, Miss molly came in a few minutes ago with wet feet and mouth and when I went downstairs there was another dead fish in the middle of the garden!!! I will have to think about what to put over the pond now, I had avoided netting it in case Molly got caught up but I will not have her killing my fish! :mecry:

Walking over the fields the day before yesterday Mungo picked up a rabbit carcase (head, legs spine and fur) probably left by a fox. I managed to chase him down and make him wait while I took it from him - by the ear - and threw it in the hedge.

Yesterday, I was not so fast and he hadn't been fed. He found another one and ate it, on the run. I didn't feed him last night and only gave him a small meal this morning. Haven't picked up anything yet - from either end.

Anyone got any experience or observations on this ?

Have a lovely time Marge flowers.gif

I am v jealous of your caravan excursion Andrea flowers.gif

San can you get some sort of stiff wire mesh like the stuff they make bunny runs out of, but with smaller holes to paws can't get through (you could probably find somewhere online to have it cut to size)? flowers.gif

I took the boys out. We met a bloke with a blue Staffy and apparently an "original Pit Bull" (looked like an American Bulldog to me). They were big soft lumps but very noisy when playing wub.gif Then I went to Morrisons for some bits and pieces, then went in the loft to look for something and found a couple of John Sandford books which I must have bought about ten years ago, so thought I'd read them again. Am hoping the rain is going to hold off cos I have several lots of washing on the line.

Jazz, glad to hear she is home.

I am having a decluttering day, not just a tickle here and there...

So far I have thrown out files and files of work, normally I like to keep it as my job is repetitive in different companies, out have gone the maps of places I'd like to visit but never have and out has gone my TEFL training notes as I can't see myself teaching English anywhere and the language has probably changed since I did the course :laugh:

Having a break before starting again

Hope people are having a fun bank holiday :flowers:

Walking over the fields the day before yesterday Mungo picked up a rabbit carcase (head, legs spine and fur) probably left by a fox. I managed to chase him down and make him wait while I took it from him - by the ear - and threw it in the hedge.

Yesterday, I was not so fast and he hadn't been fed. He found another one and ate it, on the run. I didn't feed him last night and only gave him a small meal this morning. Haven't picked up anything yet - from either end.

Anyone got any experience or observations on this ?

Not specific experience, but ....... as mine are fed raw, I know that they could eat "the lot" when it comes to rabbit, including fur, and come to no harm - you might notice some nice firm rear end deposits - lovely and easy to pick up. :laugh: So in essence, it's fine - and as you say, just feed less at the next meal, or nothing to give the tummy a chance to properly digest what's gone down - oh, and I would call a halt to any running and chasing after he's eaten something like that - the stomach needs to digest what's gone in there, and that needs rest not action. And the "sudden" change of diet could cause him not to have toileted. My only other concern would be if the rabbit's been left for a while - even then, dog's eat what we would sniff and throw - but as he's not been sick, that suggests it was fresh enough. I'd keep a general eye on Mungo, and as long as he seems himself and does go to the loo before long I should put the whole thing down to experience.

Edited by Mrs B