UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Alluring Orations

merledogs

Morning and what a beautiful day it is.

Scoobs had us up early cos he needed a tinkle.

Fingers crossed Karen :flowers:

Sorry you didn't find Pepper but hopefully thanks to Wispa's nose she will be found soon. :GroupHug:

Jules hope you manage to find care and get MIL comfortable :GroupHug:

I'm having my first mug of coffee of the day

morning all

got up late, it was lovely! had the god squad at the door at 9.45. im always polite, but keep asking them not to knock, as often they wake me up, as I sleep at different times.

right, coffee time

have a nice day all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Seeing big boss on Monday am and hope to sign up for a return visit then :)

Ello Sam :wavey: Hope you get invited back flowers.gif

I am having a bit of peace and quiet before the madness begins. Will be spending most of the day in the car, MIL has fallen and injured herself so we are going down to Leeds to try to sort out some respite care for her. It's been crazy this week :wacko:

I hope she's okay and that you manage to get some time to yourself this weekend Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

I'm waiting for a phone call about a dog today, fingers crossed this is "the one"! Have you had chance to take some photos of your lovely new girl yet?

Keeping fingers and paws crossed flowers.gif

The weather is beautiful here too. In fact this is perfect weather for me, not too hot, nice breeze cool.gif I took some vids and pics of the dogs so will sort through and see what's come out.

I have raked the moss in the front lawn (well tried to), mown the lawn, planted out two azaleas, chucked grass seed where the dead moss is in the front lawn, watered it, wiped the washing line down, hung my first wash out and removed the bulb from the outside light cos I need a replacement. I am having a chill before I decide what to do next, which may involve reading a book in the garden and getting a bit of sun cool.gif

There are a lot of people searching those woods for Pepper today so paws crossed.

Fingers crossed for Pepper to be found today.

Hmmm, potential dog is several years older than thought and has not one but two medical problems. The rescue want me to speak to their vet before offering a home which sounds a bit serious. I have an appointment to meet the dog and vet tomorrow but need to do some thinking in the meantime (and convince OH when he gets home from his photography jaunt!).

hope you get your MIL sorted Jules :flowers:

Good luck with the dog Karen, sounds like there's a lot to think about :flowers:

Glad you had a good day in the sun Alex and Michelle. Don't forget the suncream!

Well, i think I may have subdued the lurgy with the hot curry and the hot toddy I had last night. I have decided to go to my niece's engagement dinner tonight, just drink lots of water to try and quell the cough! :wacko:

I have got my dress out of hibernation, so the sight of my lily white legs might make the sun go back in! Sorry folks :rolleyes:

Actually, my legs have never been my best feature (Don't think I have a "best" :laugh: ), but all that digging must have made a difference, because I actually have proper ankles, not my usual tree stumps! Pity they will be under the table. :rolleyes:

OH's elder brother phoned last night, to say the middle brother's condition (he has cancer) has dramatically worsened and though he was taken to hospital for a couple of days, they've sent him home, with nurses and carers in place as there is nothing more they can do for him. :mecry: My OH and his other brother are both going down to see him tomorrow, to say goodbye. It's so sad, he was only 60 the beginning of December, and had so many plans now he's retired.

OH's elder brother phoned last night, to say the middle brother's condition (he has cancer) has dramatically worsened and though he was taken to hospital for a couple of days, they've sent him home, with nurses and carers in place as there is nothing more they can do for him. :mecry: My OH and his other brother are both going down to see him tomorrow, to say goodbye. It's so sad, he was only 60 the beginning of December, and had so many plans now he's retired.

So sorry for all of you. :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Enjoy your evening Marge. No dancing to shimmy your ankles at folk then? Glad your lurgy has subsided.

I'm not surprised you got burnt Alex. It is sweltering out there. I kept having to come in every now and then.

Was winding myself up over this exam and getting more nervous not knowing what to expect. Nearly thought I would revise for the next week and do it next weekend. Then thought stuff it I'm going to have to do it now or worry all weekend. Nerves completely went. Heart sunk with the first question. Once started have to carry on with an online exam so no going back. Calmed myself down then realised I could work it out and actually it was ok. Finished it in half the time and got 99% distinction so am very relieved :laugh: It's stupid really as this is something I have done a lot over the years so certainly should know the answers. That's the first level done and out the way.

How terribly tragic. I hope they all have a lovely day together.

Totally random. Im being stared at by a very cross Amazon parrot

Totally random. Im being stared at by a very cross Amazon parrot

That is indeed very random :laugh: :unsure:

Enjoy your evening Marge. No dancing to shimmy your ankles at folk then? Glad your lurgy has subsided.

Dance? me? :unsure: not usually two words spoken in the same sentence, flat footed as I am. No, I have enough energy to sit propped up and eat and hopefully let other people do the talking :wink:

Congratulations on your results! :biggrin:

Keith's sister, (mum of the betrothed) has just called and told us that when they returned home form a meal out last night, they found someome had thrown grey paint all over their windows and driveway. They were up until 3am this morning waiting for police, who didn't even want to give them a crime number. :mad:

Edited by houndzrus