UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Alluring Orations

merledogs

Oh Blimey - where is the time going. How many days to Christmas Phoeby (Counting on you as our resident expert ):laugh:

Only AF I have noted so far is the Ken Bruce or is it Rob Brydon show.

Like the April title :flowers:

Edited by Mommy Bear

The lads next door tried a brilliant one but I dotn think anyone fell for it sadly. They produced a really professional sign for the photocopier saying it had been upgraded with Linguistics 4.0 and you could now do voice commands :laugh:

:cussing: to my last phone call!! Eejit!!

Oh Blimey - where is the time going. How many days to Christmas Phoeby (Counting on you as our resident expert ):laugh:

Not me, tis Mindy who knows all about festivy things but I've Googled for you and it's only 268 days away :santa:

I have my very own white rabbit, destroyer of all things Jessica :wub:

I've had an embaressing morning :rolleyes: I bought two new tyres for Tutankhamun yesterday on the Etyres site. The young man came to fit them this morning but I'd ordered the wrong size :blush02: He's coming back on Monday with the correct ones :blush02: I blame it on the concussion I've been suffering from for a week :blush02: With my dodgy head and dirty tyres it was an easy mistake to read a 15 as a 16 :blush02:

I do actually feel more human today, my memory is a bit carp and I do have to think extra hard to answer a question :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to picking up Georgia from school soon. She was so excited about today and last night said it was going to be the best day of her life ever :laugh: And the reason? At school today they were going to get changed into their pyjamas and drink hot chocolate :wub: She's obviously easily pleased and my efforts over the years have been wasted :laugh: We had parents evening at her school last night, she's doing brilliantly :wub:

I am here ... was ages at the Dr's and when I got back at 2pm I took some very strong antibiotics and 2 co-codamol had a pasty and as the pain eased a bit I fell asleep and just woke up.

The bad news is that it is a bartholin's cyst and it has definately abscessed. Dr wanted to send me straight to hospital for surgery at which point I promptly burst into tears. As I was so upset we talked about other options there are only 3 possible outcomes, 1 that it will go pop on its own, 2 is to blast me with powerful AB's and hope it shrinks and the 3rd is surgery, he rang the on call Gyny who agreed with him that surgery was the best option he asked him for me if it could be done under a local as a day patient but he said no :mecry: he asked me to tell him why I didn't want to go in and I explained about what happened last time and my dreadful experience in hospital - that was 7 years ago and it STILL upsets me thinking about it.

He said that it's grown so large so fast and the skin is so taught that if it is going to pop on its own it'll happen within the next 24 hours or so, but that it will get ever more painful in the meantime, I think what swung it for me in the end was me telling him so far I hadn't taken any pain relief (I wasn't being brave I just didn't think anything would work) so I've got AB's, co-codamol and a letter to take to A&E if I can't stand it any more over the weekend and decide to give in and have the surgery. I think he fully expects thats where I'll end up - I'd rather take my chances - 7 years ago it popped at the hospital as I was waiting for surgery (but they went ahead any way) so I'm going to give it a chance to either do that or see what the AB's will do, the co-codamol has taken the edge off it a bit especially if I settle into one position and don't move too much.

So now it's simply a case of how much pain I can tolerate whilst the AB's get to work.

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: to you Snow.

Rmf - am having eye issues today that I can't appear to sort out. I think I have 2 lashes stuck together and every time I blink it pulls in the root of the lashes and hurts. Hace tried pulling them out and I can't get em. Think am going to have to attack myself with tweezers when I get home :huh:

Ouch wouldn't fancy pulling eyelashes out.

Snow if it helps at all I had 2 major ops in 8 months of each other. The first one I had a dreadful experience thanks to some awful staffing at the hospital, lack of care, hygiene etc etc. The 2nd time round it was a completely different experience. The orrible people were nowhere in sight and the level of care and hygiene in place was great.

Phoebejo hope you're feeling better soon. :GroupHug:

Amy hope your tyre didn't need changing. I can change tyres but if the nuts are on too tight I've no chance of getting them off.

Love the bunny pics. :wub:

It's the weekend :biggrin:

Ouch wouldn't fancy pulling eyelashes out.

Snow if it helps at all I had 2 major ops in 8 months of each other. The first one I had a dreadful experience thanks to some awful staffing at the hospital, lack of care, hygiene etc etc. The 2nd time round it was a completely different experience. The orrible people were nowhere in sight and the level of care and hygiene in place was great.

Phoebejo hope you're feeling better soon. :GroupHug:

Amy hope your tyre didn't need changing. I can change tyres but if the nuts are on too tight I've no chance of getting them off.

Love the bunny pics. :wub:

It's the weekend :biggrin:

Yeah thats what the Dr my mother and hubby says - it's been 7 years so the staff etc would undoubtedly have changed now, same sort of thing dreadful uncaring staff, & serious hygiene concerns (found disgusting used and soiled dressings under my bed). I'm not a complainer nor am I demanding, quite the reverse actually, I'm also quite stoic ( dont like to make public emotional displays etc.) I was in a lot of distress after the surgery and they just left me, drew the curtains round me and left me, I was so distressed I was crying for my mother ffs and yet they just left me, no one answered my buzzer, I could hear them only yards away at the nurses station laughing and talking so it wasn't that they were busy they just couldn't be fecking bothered, for all they knew or cared I could have been in serious need but no one came.... similar thing when I needed the toilet I wasnt allowed out of bed it took them forever to even bring me a bed pan and then again they just left me on it, for over an hour!! I eventually got so upset and fed up that I demanded to discharge myself and they did NOT like that one little bit. I will say now for the record these were NOT British nurses without exception they were foreign agency nurses, there was one absolutely lovely British nurses aid who did what she could and was herself angry at the way I was being treated, but there were limits to what she could do. This was my one and only experience of a general anesthetic to date and apart from when I had Nick I'd never been in hospital for anything before, and its not that I'm afraid of the surgery - just had my eye done so I'm not a big baby lol but how they made me feel and how they treated me was awful and I dont want to have to face that again unless I absolutely cannot avoid it.