UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Fascinating Fandangles

Mrs B

Hope you are not too tired today :flowers:

We have to get out early this morning to collect a shed I bought on Ebay. have to dismantle it first, so I hope all goes well. :huh:

I went back to sleep on the sofa for a couple of hours so not too bad. Good luck with the shed flowers.gif

Wish us luck, it's an 8-hour round trip of a drive to see the lurcher girlie, I hope she likes us. Jake is taking his best squeaky duck to impress her :wub:

Oh well she is bound to be impressed then wub.gif Good luck and I hope all goes very well flowers.gif

I sent off an application for a dog yesterday. Unfortunately to the same rescue who were terribly disorganised last year and lost our application for another dog. Fingers crossed this time.

Fingers, toes and everything else crossed flowers.gif

I got up about 9, did some pruning back in the garden, took the dogs out, then did some more gardening when I got back - and finally laid the new stepping stones I bought a year ago rolleyes.gif

RMF : Because we weren't out at our usual time, and because the weather was sunny, we met about a dozen new dogs on our walk including an Am Bull type dog with a staffie, a Scottie dog, 4 Shi Tzus and the cutest ickle 14 week old puppies, one brown spaniel type and one brown and white border collie poopie with blue eyes and I had lots of poopie kisses and snuggles wub.gif It ALMOST made me want a poopie again laugh.gif

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to those visiting or enquiring about dogs :flowers:

Have fun collecting the shed :unsure:

Nigel :hug:

How are you ribs today Owl :flowers:

Hope you are beinning to make sense of the overload of information now Snow :flowers:

I could've had a lie in this morning - so why was I wide awake at 7 :rolleyes:

:GroupHug: Snow, that must have been a terrible shock for you

good luck to all those meeting and applying for new dogs :flowers:

owl i hope your ribs are soon better :GroupHug:

Trudi... well done on doing 4 days full time..you are amazing and you are dead right about hearing and sight being very precious, for once in my life i am actually doing as i am told and i will hope that the doctor can help me, if not well i just add it to the other failed parts of my body :laugh:

merledogs i vote for a nap!

Houndzrus have fun with your shed and i hope it comes apart easy.

Nigel you are in my thoughts, you really have had a couple of rough years :GroupHug:

i hope i haven't missed anyone :flowers:

RMF i just saw my first bumble bee of the year...... it was massive!

Ive been bullied into holding two smelly lurcher puppies until there is space for them and their mum at Fi's

Mum is a wheaten terrier cross collie and dad is a Greyhound.

The only saving grace of course is that they will be scruffy.

I cannot imagine starting again with two 8 week old puppies.

With Bojangles there was play school,Eton, etiquette lessons,possibly university.

Luckily he never wanted piano lessons

but hey I guess there may be someone out there who may want a smelly puppy. There are 4 to choose from plus their little mum who is only two years old.

Ive been bullied into holding two smelly lurcher puppies until there is space for them and their mum at Fi's

The only saving grace of course is that they will be scruffy.

I cannot imagine starting again with two 8 week old puppies.

With Bojangles there was play school,Eton, etiquette lessons,possibly university.

Luckily he never wanted piano lessons

but hey I guess there may be someone out there who may want a smelly puppy. There are 4 to choose from plus their little mum who is only two years old.

Sounds like a mix with some very handsome possibilities :laugh:

merledogs i vote for a nap!

I made the mistake of listening to the Manchester derby online rolleyes.gif

How horrible for you. Can we have photos please? flowers.gif

I agree we must have pictures of the nasty poopies!!

The funniest thing happened at work today, this woman came in and sat in the waiting area whilst her friend had an eye test. Unknown to anyone instore, she had a bichon frise in her handbag (it was a big bag!), and when one of the girls walked past, the dog shot out of the bag and chased her down the shop barking at her!! Thankfully she saw the funny side, and there weren't any other patients there to see it. I mean who takes their dog with them in their handbag into a busy shopping centre??!!!

I agree we must have pictures of the nasty poopies!!

The funniest thing happened at work today, this woman came in and sat in the waiting area whilst her friend had an eye test. Unknown to anyone instore, she had a bichon frise in her handbag (it was a big bag!), and when one of the girls walked past, the dog shot out of the bag and chased her down the shop barking at her!! Thankfully she saw the funny side, and there weren't any other patients there to see it. I mean who takes their dog with them in their handbag into a busy shopping centre??!!!

I knew someone who took her papillon to the shops in a bag.

How are you ribs today Owl :flowers:

Definitely better thank you, even though I have done rather more than I should have done today. I managed to exercise Wispa very well with minimum effort on my part. I drove her to the wood, let her offlead to gallop about for a while. As we were about to leave, another dog turned up, a soppy ridgeback called Scratch who is nearly the size of a Dane and has about 3 brain cells floating around in his enormous skull. Cue for another stroll round the wood for humans and a mad half hour for dogs. Wispa doesn't seem to realise Scratch is an adult, and treats him like a pup because that is his mental age. Scratch can't understand Wispa at all, but he is hardly alone in that. They still have a good time together anyway. A shared interest in mud-wrestling overcomes all differences in IQ.

Then did 2 weeks shopping for mum and delivered it to her. She seems to have got back into the eyedrop routine thank goodness. I was going out this evening but decided against it as the ribs get worse if I sit about, better either doing something or resting in bed.

I am very taken with the idea of a wheaten terrier x collie. But we are up to limit for the moment, and if I ever have another dog it will have to be a male.

Not coming down to Wales for another week as not yet up to the drive, but hope I meet the mum and pups.