UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Garden Fred 2011

merledogs

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know what this 'shrub' is? Its growing through our fence from next door and I love it. I want to see if I can take a cutting and replant it. My link

I know it used to be called Jew's Mallow, but I'm sure it has a more politically correct name by now! Propagation instructions here

I have been walking round the garden shoving my nose into all the gorgeously fragrant flowers wub.gif

Mahonia ...

011.jpg

Lilac ...

009-1.jpg

Broom ....

007-1.jpg

Clematis ...

002-1.jpg

Triffid (no idea what this is, but it takes over the border and the flowers smell nice ...

017.jpg

Your triffid is archangel, I think its latin name is lamium or something similar. I had no idea that it smelled at all, nice or otherwise, so I am on my way outside now to sniff mine!

Wish I had some mahonia at the moment, that's my favourite scented plant.

Alex, your garden must be looking lovely judging by those pics.

Like Phoebejo, I have reclaimed some garden back from the chickens and hope to have some actual plants showing up soon :biggrin:

I didn't realise that was Lamium, I have the same looking thing, only mine comes up pink. Is Lamium the same as flowering dead nettles, does anyone know? I keep seeing that in the woods, in a yellow and a purple version and thinking it would be lovely in my shady garden.

This is an old one from a few years ago. It's not that exciting believe me laugh.gif

I'll take one at the weekend when I've tidied up my border and mown the lawn again cos the plants have changed a bit since then.

0ceea6b5.jpg

Edited by merledogs

I don't seem to have many flowers atm, your plants are looking lovely Alex. Anything in my garden has to cope with periods of neglect :rolleyes:

My strawberry plants, revive themselves each year

IMG_8045.jpg

Fuschia, no longer dead looking

IMG_8046.jpg

this is the border down the left, which is gradually filling in

IMG_8049.jpg

clematis, which I thought had died

IMG_8053.jpg

the irisis, yet to flower-can't wait

IMG_8059.jpg

they are beside the pond

IMG_8062.jpg

garden as a whole

IMG_8064.jpg

and the best bits in the garden :wub:

IMG_8061.jpg

Edited by sanrossscot

I like those three garden ornaments, very realistic wub.gif

I've been gardening again. Have dug over the border (it was a border when I moved here, but I decided that I wanted the grass to grow up to the fence so chucked grass seed down, but because it's shady it didn't grow very well and then it was overtaken by triffids, so I've dug it all over into a border again).

Pics of my garden as promised ...

View from the living room ...

005.jpg

View from the patio ...

016.jpg

022-1.jpg

My poor pathetic Japanese Maple. It was thriving until I repotted it last year and all the leaves died off. I've pruned it right back in the hope that it will grow lots of new shoots ...

011-1.jpg

This thing (can't remember what it's called) seeded itself from my neighbour's garden. It bears the most beautiful pink clusters of flowers in the summer and the bees love it ...

024-1.jpg

View up the north facing border which I've dug over this morning ...

025-1-1.jpg

One of the four Rhododendrons I planted down that side last year. It didn't flower last year but is about to burst into flower now, not sure what colour it is. I thought it was yellow but from what I can see it's going to be fuschia or red ...

027.jpg

I planted two Rhododendrons the same colour next to each other. The spindly bits on the left are the remains of the one which didn't do very well (have pruned it back)...

029-1.jpg

he dogs favourite corner of the garden, with wild garlic and violets growing ...

031.jpg

042.jpg

My Wisteria which is growing well now ...

044.jpg

Another Wisteria which I planted last weekend by the side of the garage (notice the dog proofing so they can't wee up it) ...

047.jpg

Climbing rose which is ruby red when it flowers ...

049.jpg

Lilac which I bought last year ...

051.jpg

Furry ornament ...

053.jpg

Stepping stones I laid a couple of months ago ...

050-1.jpg

Lily of the Valley which has appeared at the top of the drive ...

057.jpg