UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

2011 Diet Thread

Well hubby is looking forward to homemade chips now so I better give them a try anyway :biggrin: Your wedges sound lovely.

I'm supposed to avoid tomatoes because of my gastritis so tomato based sauces are kept to a minimum.

Had a great swim with Andy this afternoon and if you can lose weight from laughing, I'm definitely pounds lighter :laugh: We had loads of fun :biggrin:

I won't be able to try new recipes until next week as won't be shopping until Friday

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done everyone :flowers:

Andrea, I made the chips over the weekend. They were delicious and I will never be buying chips again.

I also made the chicken curry yesterday. It was tasty but needs some veg added to it for colour and taste. Also the sauce was very watery. Anyone any ideas on how I could thicken it up please?

Well done everyone :flowers:

Andrea, I made the chips over the weekend. They were delicious and I will never be buying chips again.

I also made the chicken curry yesterday. It was tasty but needs some veg added to it for colour and taste. Also the sauce was very watery. Anyone any ideas on how I could thicken it up please?

:biggrin: Depends what kind of curry. I add a little yoghurt to mine at the end to thicken it up. As you can't have tomato based things, what about a little chicken gravy granules?

Well done Alicia. :biggrin: :flowers:

There is already natural yoghurt in it (it's the recipe from the link you gave me). Might put less chicken stock in and more yoghurt.

There is also a pasta recipe on that link. It calls for fromage frais which I couldn't get but was told that creme fraiche is that same thing. Is this correct? And yes there was a tin of tomatoes in it but I seemed to be fine afterwards.

No more jars of sauces for me :biggrin: