UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

2011 Diet Thread

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done everyone!!!

Just had a discussion with my mum who is doing weight watchers. She is doing really well, but mainly using their ready meals as food.

I think I upset her a bit as I told her she needs to do a change for life, as once she starts eating proper good again and stops counting points, she will start to gain weight again. I said to her she is better off eating fresh proper food as part of a balanced diet, and that whilst she may be losing weight at the moment, as soon as she reaches her target weight and starts eating normally, she will put on weight. She didn't like this and got grumpy with me, but she does no exercise, so when I told her to eat less and exercise more she didn't like that comment.

Help!! How do I make her see sense???

you cant get them to see sense. my friend did the lighter life. 8 pints of water a day and their shakes. I told her as soon as she eats proper food she would put weight on, but she carried on paying so much money every month. when she tryed to eat solids, she couldnt. then when she did, she put it all back on and more.

:mecry: gained 1lb,and am back picking lots.Need to give myself a good shake or I'll undo all the good done so far.

Don't beat yourself up. You have done amazingly well so far. Just look forward and not back. Forget the bad week and look at nice things for this week. Weather looks good for the weekend so maybe a longer walk with the dogs in the sunshine will help with the feel good factor. :flowers:

I have been the same for the last couple of weeks. Need to stop picking so much at weekends.

I seem to remember you had some catered food or lunches out in the past week? They might not have been helpful but you have to eat and you have STILL maintained and not put weight on. :biggrin: Try and buy things that are healthier 'picking' things if you know you will nibble on the weekend.

after a month of eating a lot of business breakfasts and lunches in Oz I put 3lbs , am delighted with that and have got back on my normal eating at home so expect to see that coming off soon

I am going back next month and I am taking a slow cooker with me as I have a apartment so will be cooking all my own meals this time as the workload is going to be different and I won't have to eat out so much. I have found some fantastic markets to get fresh veggies from :)

The apartment also has a gym & pool so I am signing up for induction when I get back so I can use them both

:mecry: gained 1lb,and am back picking lots.Need to give myself a good shake or I'll undo all the good done so far.

I have been the same for the last couple of weeks. Need to stop picking so much at weekends.

you have both done so well and its normal to get a few bumps along the way , flowers.gif

what do you like to pick on ?

after a month of eating a lot of business breakfasts and lunches in Oz I put 3lbs , am delighted with that and have got back on my normal eating at home so expect to see that coming off soon

I am going back next month and I am taking a slow cooker with me as I have a apartment so will be cooking all my own meals this time as the workload is going to be different and I won't have to eat out so much. I have found some fantastic markets to get fresh veggies from :)

The apartment also has a gym & pool so I am signing up for induction when I get back so I can use them both

Lucky you! You will come back even skinnier next time! :laugh:

I didn't get to weigh in this week. Will just have to keep my head in the right frame of mind so I dont binge this week. :rolleyes:

Well done Vonny, excellent result :biggrin:

I am trying really hard, roughly following Slimming World principles, and have lost 4lbs. Can your BMI go down really quickly in a week? I'm ashamed to say mine was 39% last week :ohmy: but it's now 35% - is that possible :unsure: