UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Places With Snow

Jazz

Well..its snowed most of the night, my garden is nearly waist deep! Buses aren't running, so the road is bad, and OH has stayed home! Dylan can just about negotiate it, Rosie vanished altogether :laugh: My daughter is snowed in at the top of her hill in West Handley, how about you Owl?

Well..its snowed most of the night, my garden is nearly waist deep! Buses aren't running, so the road is bad, and OH has stayed home! Dylan can just about negotiate it, Rosie vanished altogether :laugh: My daughter is snowed in at the top of her hill in West Handley, how about you Owl?

Likewise!

Yesterday afternoon I cleared a foot of snow from round the door, then 2 ft early evening and another 2 ft at bedtime. Opened the door this morning, Polly shot out and had to be pulled from a 3 ft drift. If I hadn't kept clearing it yesterday we would have had to climb out of the window. Shovelled a space for her to go for a pee, then took Wispa out further down the path in 3 ft of the stuff, came in to do breakfasts and found the door wouldn't shut. It had got damp and swelled. Door now held shut with a bag of compost, very draughty hall. Breakfasts all round, lit fire, dug out coal bunker, filled bucket and a dustbin with a few days coal. Took Wispa out for a road walk, usually out of the question due to car-lunging. No cars to be lunged at, nothing getting through, so we plodded up the road which was about a foot deep but drifting to 5 ft each side. Snow is up to top of field walls and hedges, and Wispa was not pleased that I would not let her off long line to scamper at will over all the gate tops.

Going to have another walk later. Where we go will depend on where we can get. Unlike Wispa, I don't think neck-deep snow is fun to jump about in.

There is a large snow-covered lump in the drive which I assume is the owlmobile.

The snow is about half way up my thighs in places now (I am 5' 11: tall for reference)

I have dug a path for Benji up the garden and he shot up it and dived in the deep snow the loon - then whimpered and whined till I also dived in and got him out again :wub:

Have dug an area big enough for hubby to get on the drive when he gets home later but it is still snowing lots so may have to shovel again :huh:

Didn't dig a path to the front door though so he'll be getting soggy knees :rolleyes:

Hope your hubby gets home without too much trouble, Trudi.

We have been for our usual walk in the wood. We did the short version which normally takes three quarters of an hour. It took 2 hours :rolleyes: because faced with 2 to 3 feet of snow I don't travel very fast, unlike Wispa who was leaping through it dolphin style. The field before the wood was deep, but once under the trees it was better, only about a foot on most of the paths. We came back through another field which was easier as someone else had tramped through their earlier and left a bit of a path. It was all very beautiful to look at, now can it go away please!

I need to dig out round the exhaust and the driver door of the owlmobile and run the engine for a bit. Some 4x4s have been up our road but I don't think anything else would do very well.

Edited by owl

Ditto here in Somerset but it is already icy and forecast is for -10 tonight so guess I'll be working to walk tomorrow if it turns to sheet ice :mecry: Trixie's first experience of sno since she arrived and not even sure she noticed it except the scents she follows every morning must have been much sharper as she raced around nose to the ground.

Its snowed overnight here in East Kent and we're catching up with other parts.

My son was meant to be going to London for 2 days tomorrow on a school trip, its his 18th birthday on Saturday and as he would have been away I have nothing for him planned, but stuff for me to do.... poor lad. I might have to bake a cake... god help us!

Tiny thaw this morning, then fine snow about an hour ago and it's now pelting down in huge flakes, pretty well a whiteout. I should really give the car engine a few minutes running every day but whole car is now under 4 ft so it's not going to happen. We aren't going further than wherever I can get Wispa to do the necessary. She doesn't use the yard, so am off now to dig her a loo area near bushes.