UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Places With Snow

Jazz

Snow and some sunny spells today. I did trudge down to the field leading to the woods and let Wispa boing around in 3+ ft of snow. She was most disgruntled that I wouldn't take her down to the wood but I only felt we were safe staying on the flat field where I knew there was nothing dangerous to fall into under the snow.

Love that picture Owl/Sam (and title!)

More snow here, just north of Lincoln, overnight - couple of inches I think - waiting for Mr B to get up and go to work (very, very, very reluctantly) to see how much we've had. I'm officially declaring this the "most-snow-since-we-moved-here-24-years-ago-snow".

I'm also declaring my employers very nice (for once!) - they've officially said we are to consider weather conditions before travelling, and should heed all ravel warnings - we still have to make up hours before the end of December or take holiday if we can't, but at the end of the day I'll go with that - my work refuses to do itself so I'll need time to catch up! Seeing as I had to walk the 7 miles home on Wednesday having been stranded in Lincoln with all buses cancelled and no taxis running, I have become slightly wary about setting out for work before I'm certain the buses are running so have been arriving late and going home early. Tigger and Daisy like my new working hours!

We drove up to New Whitt today Owl, then on to Eckington stopping to pick my daughter and OH half up (they'd walked from theirs),drove them to Morrisons at Halfway so they could shop ..and what a nightmare that place was! then stopped at The Mossbrook on the way back for late lunch, and dropped them back off on the Eckington road. THey said their road is still choked with snow, and the road to Coal Aston looks as if it hasn't been touched yet, so do be careful if you venture out.

• 2 weeks later...