UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Places With Snow

Jazz

Celeste, go look at my little thread in chat - check out Peggy's the hen's face, she is furious :laugh:

laugh.gif She's right narked isn't she laugh.gif

We've had yet more snow angry.gif, it's about as bad as it was last year. For once I'm glad Ed's off his work, he can drive to the shops this afternoon, we're down to the last steak and onion slice in the freezer rolleyes.gif.

We had more snow yesterday in West Yorkshire, and overnight, though it's sunny now. Still snow and ice on our road as well as the pavements, so few cars around, and those who do venture forth (why??) are skidding. It's dangerous to walk on the pavements because of them.

We'd been hoping to go north on Thursday to see my son and daughter-in-law in Fife - she's 30 weeks pregnant. They can't get out of their road and their cars are stuck fast, though my son trudged across town yesterday to get to work. Don't think we'll be seeing them after all, so let's hope it clears before Christmas.

I suppose if it were only an inch or two, and it didn't last for months, that would be fun - but I can't help remembering last winter. We had frozen pipes in Galloway, and weren't able to go anywhere. :mecry:

More snow here overnight, and my daughter who lives not far from Owl..also on a hill..says they must have about 2 foot now (still nothing compared to Scotland!). Lots of schools around Chesterfield are closed. Oh lord, here it comes again!

We have about 8 ins here on the other side of the hill, and more is falling. This morning I went out into the back field with Wispa thinking only 8 ins at most, no prob, and went straight in over welly tops in a drift. We got down to the woods late morning and it was very beautiful, then we met a young wirehaired vizsla with his people and he and Wispa had a merry time chucking each other into drifts.

Off to scrape the yard clear now as too deep for Polly and she is not pleased.

Edited by owl

We had more snow yesterday in West Yorkshire, and overnight, though it's sunny now. Still snow and ice on our road as well as the pavements, so few cars around, and those who do venture forth (why??) are skidding. It's dangerous to walk on the pavements because of them.

We'd been hoping to go north on Thursday to see my son and daughter-in-law in Fife - she's 30 weeks pregnant. They can't get out of their road and their cars are stuck fast, though my son trudged across town yesterday to get to work. Don't think we'll be seeing them after all, so let's hope it clears before Christmas.

I suppose if it were only an inch or two, and it didn't last for months, that would be fun - but I can't help remembering last winter. We had frozen pipes in Galloway, and weren't able to go anywhere. :mecry:

We were on the M90 between jct 9 and Kinross today and it had ground to a stand still on the north bound lanes, you might be ok if she's far enough south, the gritters are out in full force but it's snowing so much it just get's covered up. I certainly won't be risking going out in the car again, t'was very hairy, did get the shopping done though.

By teatime the yard was under 8 ins again and you couldn't see where I had cleared it. Took Polly out for toilet pushing the shovel ahead of us. Wispa prefers the back field where she was up to her neck, she had to dig out a clear space to do the necessary.

It's still pelting down and I think it's the worst snow I've seen since 1963.

I agree with that Owl...it hasn't stopped here since mid afternoon (and there was a fair bit this morning), it's drifted up against the conservatory windows and door to the extent I daren't open the door at all, and Rosie cav is nearly vanishing when she goes out in the garden! She loves it though, but it takes forever getting the snowballs off her legs when she comes in. We are meant to be going to my daughter at West Handley on Saturday for early xmas, as they are off on a cruise on the 11th for 4 weeks..I hope to heaven we get up the hill!