UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Boy Done Good

buddyboy

IT'S OFFICIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The unwanted, hyperactive Staffie Cross rejected by so many people is now a PAT dog!!!!

We arrived early for his assessment and wandered round town, ooops I was in a hoodie but don't think anyone thought I was a teenage thug, went into a few shops and in one of them were some very smartly dressed ladies who spoke very nicely. They thought he was gorgeous, so pretty, loved stroking him and how friendly he is to let us do this, "what is he" - to say they were gobsmacked when I said "Oh, he is the type of dog demonised in the press, he is a Staffie Cross" would be a bit of an understatement! Hopefully they have now had their preconceived ideas turned on their heads.

Bo_PAT.jpg

bopat002.jpg

Thanks. I emailed the pic to a friend in Coventry and this is a quote from her reply (Bo had been with me during a street collection for the rescue and she was on holiday so came along to say hello)

Ah, well done Bo! He is such a sweetie. I have sent to my friend Yvonne who came to the Cob fair with me. She too was scared of Staffies and yet totally loved him so he is doing a brilliant job as an ambassador. I am sure he will make lots of people very happy in his new job!

Edited by buddyboy

Thank you everyone..... .the pics - well I took about a dozen and this was the only one where he wasn;t beating Jed up, beating China up, doing a 3 way tug on a ragger, running round with a rugby ball in his mouth.... you get the idea???

Bud, Lucy, Alice and Toastie were PAT dogs, now Jed and Bo are PAT dogs and although I am proud of all of them I have to say that to get 2 dogs who were continually overlooked in Jed's case (deafness) and returned several times after being too hard to handle in a home (Bo) to pass their assessments makes me very proud of my boys and shows that my confidence in them was justified (and no I am not claiming to be a brilliant trainer, just someone with the patience to let them reach their full potential while still ensuring that they remember that I am the boss)