UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October Rmf

merledogs

So sorry to hear your sad news Marge :GroupHug:

Alex - snap! I have a gob too that doesn't know when to keep shut :rolleyes: Hopefully it'll have a good effect on your director though :)

oh yes Biily :biggrin: you need an emergency day off...deffo! i mean no boiler means no hot water and you couldn't go to work with no shower :D our housing association used to have to send someone out within 24 hours for heating and water oh and if your door or window broke that had to be done quick too!

Fortunately the one thing that does work is the shower, as it's an electric one, as is the cooker, so I can be clean and we can have hot meals. I've also realised that I actually do have an electric fake fire in the living room (which Kiera is now hogging :laugh: ), so we're not too cold either.

It's just that the only time that this bloke could come to fix the boiler is between 10-1, and there just isn't any point in going to work before or after, because you just won't find a parking space anywhere near work after 10, def when you drive a big monster of a van like I do :rolleyes:

Marge Im so sorry. :GroupHug:

Griff hope whatever is the matter with your Dad can be sorted quickly and hes fine very soon :GroupHug: By the time the morning arrives he could be wondering how hes going to manage in a taxi never mind on the bus.

You might have noticed some of the keys on my laptop arent working at the mo :rolleyes:

Cant get over having to scrape the car this morning

Cant get over having to scrape the car this morning

This is the first frost we've had since OH bought the monster vehicle that holds both dogs, all three Munchkins, daughter and SiL. He went to scrape the windscreen this morning and found he couldn't reach it. LOL so I stand no chance. :laugh: :laugh:

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: to those in need.

This is the first frost we've had since OH bought the monster vehicle that holds both dogs, all three Munchkins, daughter and SiL. He went to scrape the windscreen this morning and found he couldn't reach it. LOL so I stand no chance. :laugh: :laugh:

what about a section of broom handle and then cable tie a scraper to it?

:laugh: I had that problem when we had the Frontera. I went out to clean it once and then realised I couldnt reach the roof.

I have that with the CR-V - I had to stand on something on the rare occasions I wash it :laugh:

Morning. I keep waking up at 4am precisely, it's very weird. Managed to get back to sleep with the help of Paul McKenna though.

There's frost in CORNWALL! In OCTOBER! :unsure: I'm sure this never happens, normally we don't get frost till December or more likely January...

I think the world may be ending! If they've had this down on the coast as well then people will be stocking up for an Ice Age. Panicccc! Paniiiiiiiic! :run4hills:

ooooooooo it is very cold :unsure: anyone got any tips for stopping condensation on windows?? i spent a fortune on those moisture traps but they are pants :rolleyes:

got my cheque from the vets... had to give £80 of it straight back :rolleyes: oh well at least we don't need to go back for 3weeks :biggrin:

There's frost in CORNWALL! In OCTOBER! :unsure: I'm sure this never happens, normally we don't get frost till December or more likely January...

I think the world may be ending! If they've had this down on the coast as well then people will be stocking up for an Ice Age. Panicccc! Paniiiiiiiic! :run4hills:

Apparently there's snow due by the end of the week, as far south as Calais!

It was frosty here yesterday and a lovely sunny day - today is back to being miserable and wet :rolleyes:

OK whoever it was who decided to press the Winter button - jokes over it's NOT funny. :mad: Yesterday I snapped off 3 of my fingernails trying to get into my frozen shut boot which my ever loving hubby had decided without informing me was the perfect place to put my ice scraper and de-icer despite the fact that they have happily and contentedly and dare I say it even tidily lived in the behind the seat storage ever since I've had the frickin car! :mad: I was 15 mins late for work and minus 3 figernails by the time I got the damned thing open :rolleyes: to say I was unamused is an understatement. Car is frozen shut again this morning - however since I won't be going out until after Tesco's have been it should have defrosted by the time I need it to go to the vets to collect Nog's meds.