UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dogstars Midge

IMG_8759.jpg

Sadly despite our teams best efforts Midge passed away in her sleep at our Vets home this morning , Midge was suffering from the effects of prolonged malnutrition , Renal impairment , impaired immune system and severe demodectic mange. Sometimes we forget just how sick dogs like Midge are because even with our limited resources we do bring nurse them back to health time and time again

Midge is quite simply why Dogstar exsists , Midge is a product of over population and all the issues dogs face when the carrying capacity is exceeded. Midge was not the victim of any direct cruelty or deliberate neglect she was the victim of poverty.

Goodnight Midge my little star

Sam xxx

Edited by Happylittlegreensquirrel

Oh noooo :mecry: I'm so very sorry to hear this :mecry:

You, Mark, Mo and all who did their best for this little girl must be devastated :GroupHug:

Run free little Midge, surrounded by love and with food in your tummy, forever a Dogstar dog, go find the others at the Bridge and play happily :wub:

Oh noooo :mecry: I'm so very sorry to hear this :mecry:

You, Mark, Mo and all who did their best for this little girl must be devastated :GroupHug:

Run free little Midge, surrounded by love and with food in your tummy, forever a Dogstar dog, go find the others at the Bridge and play happily :wub:

I couldn't put it any better myself

Sleep tight little one :mecry:

although its very sad It was not a shock to the Dogstar team , she had been doing so well till last Wednesday when suddenly she seemed very tired and very old and I think she wanted to go

we all said our goodbyes over the last few days and I am so pleased she slipped away so peacefully at the foster home with our lovely vet and her amazingly kind and compassionate landlady Mrs J who looks after dogs for us