UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May R M F

Wendbert

I started to pot up my hanging baskets but had to abandon it when I spotted a young thrush flapping about behind the pots. A bigger bird did fly off when I first went out so I'm guessing the little one was having a flying lesson. He's been tweeting hopefully from time to time but he's gone quiet now and there's been no sign of his parents coming back. It's quite sheltered where he is, there are lots of things to hid behind, he can fly a bit and he's almost full size so I'm thinking the best thing to do is leave him alone, does anyone know if that's right :unsure:

RMF: It's way too flipping hot here.

Hope that you can get everything resolved Owl. Surely if there is no pointing, it must be a danger? I should give them a set time to do something about it, then contact the council.

Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif for Snow and her friends. Sorry that your group has had such a lot of bad news. Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

RMF. I am wearing a very bright red skirt.....................................................................it matches my skin!!!!! Despite me being very liberal with the sunscreen.mecry.gif

:wavey:  Hope everyone has enjoyed the sunshine this weekend.

Owl - that doesn't sound good.  I hope the letting agent can sort something out.

Well done Glen :wub:

We have spent the weekend outside enjoying the sun - sensibly:)  Sophie and Sky don't cope with heat well, so have been pottering in the shade.  Logan has done lots of swimming to cool off.

Don't want to tempt fate by writing this down, but it looks like we'll be finally exchanging contracts on our house move this week, and completing in the not too distant future :) 

Jazz I think the heat has got to you :laugh: Is your mum home yet?

Have just been out with Fergus. He's happy. I'm pooped. He was a stubborn divil tonight. Need to go in the garden, cut some grass and poop scoop. Am just having a minute.

Sorry meant to say you need to put your foot down Owl. Your home isn't safe and he can't just leave it like that. The daft thing is by leaving these things it just makes for bigger problems and more expensive bills. There isn't a risk the chimney could topple is there? Hope you get some satisfaction tomorrow.

Edited by Jacobean

What a fab day,took Duncan and Trixie to Nine Springs park in Yeovil after picking up my ebay gazebo.It's very wooded there and there are 9 springs,several ponds and mini lake so it was very cool,especially high up on the hill where there was a breeze.There's one section that is a lightly dappled wooded area in one of the fields adjoining,I sat on a tree trunk and read while these two had a fab time chasing round all the exciting smells,and it was covered in bluebells as well - sheer bliss,life doesn't get much better than that.Trixie is so good,she would go tearing off after squirrels but came back every time she was called, :wub: her former owner has trained her very well indeed,they must be missing her so much.

Sorry meant to say you need to put your foot down Owl. Your home isn't safe and he can't just leave it like that. The daft thing is by leaving these things it just makes for bigger problems and more expensive bills. There isn't a risk the chimney could topple is there? Hope you get some satisfaction tomorrow.

No. I don't think the chimney is unsafe under present conditions but during autumn and winter storms it might well be, which is one reason why it has to be sorted this summer and no messing about. Last night I heard debris falling down inside the loft! Greys mum, good idea, I will state a deadline and if nothing is done in that time I will go to the council.

It's a false economy not to do things like this, and by refusing to act a year ago the landlord has created a worse problem. But he appears to be one for papering over the cracks both literally and metaphorically.

All our usual haunts were too hot and lacking shade today, so Wispa and I went up to Brechfa forest and found a lovely shady trail we hadn't walked before, complete with shallow river for cooling off.

I started to pot up my hanging baskets but had to abandon it when I spotted a young thrush flapping about behind the pots. A bigger bird did fly off when I first went out so I'm guessing the little one was having a flying lesson. He's been tweeting hopefully from time to time but he's gone quiet now and there's been no sign of his parents coming back. It's quite sheltered where he is, there are lots of things to hid behind, he can fly a bit and he's almost full size so I'm thinking the best thing to do is leave him alone, does anyone know if that's right :unsure:

RMF: It's way too flipping hot here.

I'm pretty sure that leaving the little one is the right thing to do. Have a look here: http://www.rspb.org.uk/advice/helpingbirds/health/index.aspx

If you're still worried tomorrow ring the RSPB and ask for "wildlife enquiries" they'll give you advice. :flowers:

Jazz, sorry your mum is going through such a tough time :GroupHug: sometimes you have to let someone who is suffering choose what they want to do and then support their decision however hard :GroupHug:

Edited by Helly
had to remove a comment made about a comment I have edited... confused? you will be