UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May R M F

Wendbert

Thank you for a lovely morning flowers.gif Phoenix is away with the fairies on the sofa now wub.gif

I was especially happy to see Max Max again, it has been such a long time wub.gif

It was a rare treat and especially to have such luffly weather flowers.gif

For those who aren't on FB, here's Max Max having a fuss off his Aunty Stephaknees wub.gif

flowers.gif

If anyone is reading this that hasn't read Dharma's thread, can they please help me publicise her. Many people have offered to put her on their website but when push comes to shove not one person has so far. Only one rescue (Poor Little Pets in Keighley) have been helping me publicise her via Facebook, if even one or two of you posted about her somewhere we might have half a chance of finding her a home. Noone else is helping us at all and we're at the point where we don't know what to do any more - everyone knows we won't put her down so they don't bother offering assistance as (understandably) they'd rather help death row dogs. If she was on death row she'd have been homed by now, 3 months and not one offer of any help (and we're not talking taking her in, we're talking a photo somewhere to show people she still needs a home). Nothing. This is a really homable dog not getting any help whatsoever. :(

Trying to have a bit of a clear out but I keep having to have a 'too hot break'. I was loading up some recycling in the back of the car and the kids (teenagers really) from over the road were hanging around outside, I could tell that they wanted to speak to me cos they were doing that shuffle and telling each other to 'ask her'. Finally one of them asked what music I had on cos it was wicked................twas Never Mind the Boll*cks. I burnt them a cd plus It's Alive by the Ramones which they've now all got on their iPods :biggrin:

laugh.gif Nice to see us oldies still have a thing to show the young whipper snappers biggrin.gif

If anyone is reading this that hasn't read Dharma's thread, can they please help me publicise her. Many people have offered to put her on their website but when push comes to shove not one person has so far. Only one rescue (Poor Little Pets in Keighley) have been helping me publicise her via Facebook, if even one or two of you posted about her somewhere we might have half a chance of finding her a home. Noone else is helping us at all and we're at the point where we don't know what to do any more - everyone knows we won't put her down so they don't bother offering assistance as (understandably) they'd rather help death row dogs. If she was on death row she'd have been homed by now, 3 months and not one offer of any help (and we're not talking taking her in, we're talking a photo somewhere to show people she still needs a home). Nothing. This is a really homable dog not getting any help whatsoever. :(

I haven't seen her thread, where is it ? on FB ?

Ended up shutting the hens in the run to get peace to eat, they were seriously pizzed off and spent the whole time telling me exactly what they thought of me and precisely where I could stick my sausages ohmy.gif

Joy of joy's, tonight Ed is away over night at his mates for a works night out biggrin.gif, I have the dog's tea in the oven, will watch Dr Who, take them out, go for a chinese and watch a dvd Sex and Drugs and Rock'n' Roll, bliss

Found Dharma's thread sad.gif, I am sorry Kathy, what a heartbreaking decision Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif, is Scotland to far to consider for a home ? I could see if my friend can put her on her rescue's web site in the home from home section, but it's in the Borders unsure.gif, not sure if she can but it's worth a try.

I don't know who Eric is either, nor do I know anything of Twilight and New Moon. I am completely hooked on Clive Cussler and his tales of adventure and danger on and under the high seas, with lots of archaeology and pirates and stuff. Am I the only Fugee fan? :unsure:

Far too hot here but never mind, 2 loads of washing done and completely dry.

If you haven't been in discussion with Soraya from Large Breed Rescue Kathy I would advise you to pm her as they're very good. I notice she has asked where you are.

Found a dead mouse, correction Scoobs did earlier in what used to be an airing cupboard. He did a very good "leave". All the lads have been out for a stroll and are flaked out now. I hope the weather isn't like this when we're due to go darn sarf because I can't put them in the car in this heat. :unsure:

Enjoy your evening Celeste. It's great to get them from under your feet for a while.

I'm reading lots today for my course.

Piccies of solitary young magpie sitting on neighbour's tree wub.gif

P1020747.jpg

9-6.jpg

It has been sat in the same place for the past 20 minutes and is still there. It seems to be on its own, no sign of any brothers or sisters (usually there's several chicks) and no sign of mum and dad either. Poor ickle fing has been left to fend for itself by the look of it.

Lots of sad news came my way today, as you all know I worked for many years with an amazing group of women at Victim Support, we were a very close team and are really good friends, even though we have all gone our separate ways and are now scattered all over the UK we email a round up of all our news every few weeks & meet up 4 or 5 times a year. A few months ago we found out that one of the "girls" has cancer of the tongue and she's had a major operation to remove the growth and 2/3rds of her tongue and is currently having radiation treatment 5 days a week, she still cannot talk properly but is so far holding her own. This morning I had an email telling me that another of the "girls" lost her mother yesterday and then this afternoon she herself rang me to tell me that yet another of our number was told on Friday she has terminal cancer. It's a hell of a shock, she hadn't been "ill" ill if you know what I mean, she wasn't well last week and they suspected gall stones so she went in for a scan - they found growths and she then had a full body scan which shows cancer in her stomach, liver, lungs & both breasts, the only treatment is to blast her with two very high doses of radiation 3 weeks apart in the hopes of slowing the cancers progress and buying her some time but there is no cure. She was due to retire at the end of the month and is now obviously not going to go back to work - of all of us she's the feistiest so she'll fight like heck she's apparently said she intends to live long enough to at least spend her lump sum as shes bloody well earned it.

I can't really take it all in sad.gif

:GroupHug: Snow, keep fighting thoughts for your very ill friends :GroupHug:

:wub: Steph and Max

Enjoy your evening Celeste :flowers:

I have made a mistake which I fear will bite me on the b*m bigtime :rolleyes: Normally when I get Dex and Fleur an ice cream it's a mini milk from the shop round the corner but yesterday they came out and got an ice cream from the van. Today when the van tingalinged up outside (three times :ohmy: ) they were at the front door and ready to 'buy' :D

RMwhatalazycowIamF My Virgin digibox thing went wierd ages ago but as I really don't watch telly I wasn't that bothered. I finally got round to booking an engineer for next weekend cos I'll want to watch the world cup. I've had a thought though, I think that Virgin has now gone HD in my area, it could be my TV. How would I know if it's HD compatible or not? Sometimes I wonder how I got let into the 21st century :laugh:

:GroupHug:

Lots of sad news came my way today, as you all know I worked for many years with an amazing group of women at Victim Support, we were a very close team and are really good friends, even though we have all gone our separate ways and are now scattered all over the UK we email a round up of all our news every few weeks & meet up 4 or 5 times a year. A few months ago we found out that one of the "girls" has cancer of the tongue and she's had a major operation to remove the growth and 2/3rds of her tongue and is currently having radiation treatment 5 days a week, she still cannot talk properly but is so far holding her own. This morning I had an email telling me that another of the "girls" lost her mother yesterday and then this afternoon she herself rang me to tell me that yet another of our number was told on Friday she has terminal cancer. It's a hell of a shock, she hadn't been "ill" ill if you know what I mean, she wasn't well last week and they suspected gall stones so she went in for a scan - they found growths and she then had a full body scan which shows cancer in her stomach, liver, lungs & both breasts, the only treatment is to blast her with two very high doses of radiation 3 weeks apart in the hopes of slowing the cancers progress and buying her some time but there is no cure. She was due to retire at the end of the month and is now obviously not going to go back to work - of all of us she's the feistiest so she'll fight like heck she's apparently said she intends to live long enough to at least spend her lump sum as shes bloody well earned it.

I can't really take it all in sad.gif

So sorry, Snow. What awful news. :GroupHug: Thinking of you and your friends.

Edited by Spins4me

snow, so sorry to hear about your friends :GroupHug:

I have found my tax disc. The culprit was ... a tree :laugh: I had moved some hedging conifers in my car, and one must have swiped the tax disc off the screen and got it caught in its branches. At least it won't be affected by the curse I declared against the thief as it has no head gasket, no trousers and no bum to be stung on by a wasp.

Polly has now taken to dragging any clothes she can get at on to the floor and rummaging through the pockets for biccies. If she can drop a garment into her water bowl that is even more fun :angry: