UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May R M F

Wendbert

Morning all :)

<snip>

Hung parliament then. That will be my fault (according to Marks mum) cos I didn't vote for one of the Big Three. Maybe I will bugger off for another few days to escape the fallout...

A big thank you from here then as I think a hung parliament is needed to shake politics up a bit.

:flowers:

I have the BBC Election blog thingy running in the background on my PC, and keep sneaking off to see the latest results and comments. I think some would say this makes me extremely sad!

Normally I just want to know "the result", this time I have become an addict!

I'm amazed at how many have found the election interesting, even my son! :ohmy:

Never known such debate in our local, or in the supermarket. Everyone seems to have been caught up in "political fervour" or should that be fever? :)

my bro will be here in about an hour... we don't usually get on but he is so down and depressed i am going to be nice :unsure: i don't really know what to do or say to cheer him up :mecry: perhaps i should just get him drunk :unsure: i am sure the dogs will cheer him up....how can you be sad with 2 goofy dogs lying on your lap fighting to kiss you :laugh:

Ended up doing a 24 hour stint yesterday. In work for 6.30am so if any of the polling stations had any issues we were to hand. Have never received so many calls in my life. Some people are just so ruddy rude. Not our fault they couldnt be bothered to get registered and therefore couldnt vote! Then we had to head to setup the count at 8.30pm. 3 of our constituencies were called by 3am. One was a recount as it was so close between Labour and Conservatives. Eventually got home at 6am. Had 4 hours sleep and was back in work this morning at 10.45am. Thankfully was only in for a few hours before being allowed home. :wacko:

:wavey:

I've been somewhat absent from the refuge recently, but I know there are quite a few :GroupHug: :GroupHug: needed. I'm sorry for not keeping up. I now have a brand new shiny laptop, so am hoping that I will be able to keep up a bit better. I managed to get my OH out to vote yesterday (though fat lot of difference it made !) Off to try and catch up a bit.

Hope you get to catch up on your sleep Amy.

At work half the people had turned into know it all political pundits and were OK when they were spouting off at each other, but they kept catching unsuspecting people and boring them for ages :rolleyes: at least there was left over cake from yesterday which kept me occupied :laugh: