UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April Rmf

Mrs B

Afternoon. We have just rehomed one of my favourite little greyhound girls Thyme. She is such a sweetheart and off to be spoiled rotten by the looks of things.

Im changing Seths name to Seth No! or Seth Leave! as the poor sod is into everything, everywhere and is only happy when he is carrying something. Twice the sod has nicked off with my ciggies today :laugh: He doesnt chew, just carries. Been looking at insurance quotes for him, and I get the feeling he could be the type of dog to damage himself easily while he is such a dipstick. I found a nice company called animal friends insurance who are a not for profit company who give money to charities, and who are also on easyfundraising :biggrin: so far it would appear he is going to cost me around 30 quid a month for a lifelong type policy :wacko:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have walked the dogs, been to Argos to order a new leather office type chair for when I'm studying cos I always end up with a bad back. I then mooched round poundstretcher and spent £40 on a load of carp that I didn't really need rolleyes.gif I have just hoovered and the dog bed covers and cushion covers are in the washing machine.

RMF : I am most excited about the new Dr Who starting tonight :pinkie: :pinkie: :pinkie:

We are home. Wispa ate a buster collar at the vets, and they discovered it is their last one :rolleyes: She is not supposed to run or jump, so naturally she boinged up and down in her crate barking at things all the way home. She did manage to stay absolutely still for 20 mins on our return, but only because she was staring out next door's cat. She has settled now after eating, and seems to have realised she isn't very well. I fear it may not last for long. Vet describes her as a very tough and strong dog.

She has to be weighed for dosages etc last night, and she has gone from 26 to just under 30 kilos. :ohmy: I thought she had bulked out rather a lot. She put on a bit of podge during the winter which she is now losing, but it's mostly muscle.

The wound was very deep so had a drain put in. She has to go back on Tues to have the drain taken out, and then stitches come out on 13th. Gentle lead walks only until then. I don't know how on earth we are going to manage that with a dog who seems to spend most of her time airborne.

Good news that Wispa is home :flowers: best of luck with the keeping calm and quiet :ohmy:

I bought myself a bar of Lindt chocolate last night instead of an easter egg, half of it seems to have gone :D

I think that Fleur may be a bit overtired, as instead of snoozing she's on full chook alert watching duties. I'm taking her out on her own today and we'll do a bit of training, then I'll keep her in for a bit so she can chill.

Edited by chickentikka

I found a nice company called animal friends insurance who are a not for profit company who give money to charities, and who are also on easyfundraising

missy is insured with them and they have been really good both her claims once they got the papers from our vets have been paid within 4 days and the pre authoorization prior to her ops was done with 24 hours they have been great!

il have a check on the easy fundraising ive missed that because we pay monthy i just rang them as the were recommended to us!

Edited by katie and missy

New Vax vacume cleaner had to go back to Argos this morning as everytime we switched it on we got electric shocks! Seems to have been a huge static build up from the metal tubes - problem is we wanted metal tubes because we keep breaking the plastic ones wacko.gif Have now bought a Hoover cyclonic called Alyx laugh.gif all went well til we switched it on and hoovered and ummmm got a static electric shock wacko.gif I forsee me wearing rubber gloves to hoover in future laugh.gif

I am sure Dogstar signed up with Animal Friends as an affiliate , gimme 5 mins and I can tell you what the cashback rate

Today I am feeling a lot better but my head is still a bit space cadet like , I am very thankful I have stopped coughing and my mum sent me round some Tunes which made me do the "First Class Ticket to Nottingham" please advert about a million times

awww,poor lissie!

she loves her beds and hates me washing them, so I always have to put the other set down, but she still gets the hump.

yesterday, I washed the duvet, forgot to put the others down, so when I came down this morning, she was clinging to her big cuddly toy for grim death

Ive put down the 2 small beds, so she has put them in a pile with her cuddly toy and is lay on the top lol

got a feeling shes still got the hump lol

Just looked at the Animal Friends website and I'm a little :ohmy: :unsure: at this advice, mainly the cons for mongrels

Mongrels: Pros and Cons

Pros

Look unique.

Often enjoy good health.

Cost less to buy.

Are readily available – especially from rescue centres.

Pet insurance will be cheaper.

Are less likely to be stolen.

Cons

May look cute when young but not necessarily as adults.

Can inherit behaviour problems.

May be excluded from top showing or agility competitions.

May not be fully vaccinated.

Pedigrees: Pros and Cons

Pros

You know exactly what they will look like.

Health problems and behaviour traits are predictable.

You will be buying a dog fully vaccinated against disease.

A properly recorded family tree will be provided along with the pet.

Cons

Your pet may be expensive to buy.

You may have to wait for availability.

Your pet may be targeted by thieves.

Some are prone to particular health problems.

Afternoon

Got up very late having had the best night's kip in ages. Strange dream where I was running a marathon carrying a kettle. I only had a few more miles to run when Fergus woke me up so I never got my darn medal :mad: All that effort look.

Been to town to bank Oldies cheques and have my new specs nose grips loosened cos they were digging in something chronic all last week.

Have finally chosen my website template and have started work on that. Not that I'm ready to roll yet but at least it's getting there. Bracken actually chose the template I went with (thanks lad cos I wasn't getting anywhere fast choosing one) as it has a rather happy looking dog on it so he was crawling all over me.

Poor Wispa. Hope you manage to keep her calm ok Phebe :GroupHug: Horrible shock.

Seth is looking good. :wub:

Mel hope your knee is feeling tons better soon. :GroupHug:

Alex hope your shoulder is feeling ok soon :GroupHug:

Scoobs has resumed normal service. He is currently sporting an inside out ear and cheeky expression. It's peeing down with rain so I'm thinking it's a good opportunity for an offlead walk with Fergus. Just need to find my wellies then we're off.

awww,poor lissie!

she loves her beds and hates me washing them, so I always have to put the other set down, but she still gets the hump.

yesterday, I washed the duvet, forgot to put the others down, so when I came down this morning, she was clinging to her big cuddly toy for grim death

Ive put down the 2 small beds, so she has put them in a pile with her cuddly toy and is lay on the top lol

got a feeling shes still got the hump lol

Wispa has had all her tablets with her supper. I think the painkiller is knocking her out a bit which is a good thing under the circs.

We have found the offending nail. Many thanks to Catherine Walker for talking to Wispa for me, otherwise I would never have found it and would still be worrying in case it was lying in wait to do more damage to one of us. Wispa said she had opened the airing cupboard to go after a mouse behind the hot water cylinder. She had reached her foreleg in round the tank, stretched to smack her paw down on the mouse, and impaled the upper part of her leg on something sharp. Airing cupboard door was indeed open and a quick inspection down on knees with torch showed a load of junk, nails, nuts and bolts and waste wood shoved under the tank and round the back - thanks landlord :angry: - a slat of wood with a bent rusty bloodstained nail sticking out, and ... a fresh mousehole! It looks as if nearly an inch of nail went into her leg. Vet did say it might have been a bent nail as it went in at an angle.

That mouse had better stay away, I bet she is really mad at it now.

I am a wibbling wreck and feel weepy. This is not like me even if something has upset me and I suspect I may have some kind of lurgy. Lurgies can make me feel very depressed.

That is a strange and ill-informed list of pros and cons for mongrels and pedigrees that Alicia quoted :wacko:

Edited by owl