UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

My Little Man Joe

Mrs Mop

Joe came into my life shortly after my husband came out of hospital, he was such a darling little boy who taught my husband to laugh again after his stroke. I took Joe from a family with 4 children, the eldest teenage son was into drugs and gave some to Joe leaving him with some brain damage. The youngest daughter, 4 years old, treated him like a doll, what she was doing I will never know but Joe had learnt to bite and not warn, he would bite for the slightest thing but this changed over time, he started to growl a warning again. There idea of training Joe was to beat him, this was the reason it took me 4 years to find the key to him returning to me, I hope I never see the terror in any animal’s eyes that I used to see in Joe’s when he was loose.

This was the second time Joe had been rescued, he was used as a ball by some teenage boys when he was 6 weeks old, the person who saw this took him from them and rehomed him to the people I got him from.

Joe was a very nervous dog which wasn’t helped by being attacked by other dogs on a regular basis. One day he was attacked by 2 Weimaraners which he never recovered from, this caused him to have panic attacks if a strange dog came too close to him which often lead to him having a seizure later in the day.

Joe also had a lot of allergies, possibly caused by the drugs, which made feeding him difficult until I found a dog food that he could eat without any problems. These allergies caused him to have seizures, it was only when I found a food that he could eat that the seizures virtually disappears. Up to then he was having a least one a day. It was him having seizures that I started to let my dogs sleep with me on my bed and never regretted this.

Joe was a very loving dog, he adored affection and gave it back, he loved to be on your knee or having a cuddle like a baby, if you don’t put him like this he would put himself.

Joe is now running free at the Rainbow Bridge with his dad, Gracie, Dixie and Tommy, free of pain and well again but has left behind a big hole in my life.

Joewithhisboot2-1.jpg

AJoe28.7.jpg

Joe28.jpg

Run free and fit again, Joe :wub:

What you didn't say was that Joe was 14 when he went over the Bridge, and considering his brain damage and health problems as well as the emotional damage from abuse, you did very well to provide him with such a long and contented life.

:GroupHug: I know you will miss him greatly.

I'm so sorry to hear that you have lost your special little boy Margaret.

Thank you for rescuing him, seeing through his issues and working so hard to give Joe another chance at life.

I hop happy memories gradually fill the hole his passing leaves in your life. :GroupHug:

What a beautiful dog, and what an amazing story. I am sorry he has left such a large gap, but I it was lovely to read the wonderful love and home you gave him and the things he taught you both.

Huge love and hugs.

:wub: :GroupHug: :wub:

Edited by murtle