UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March Rmf

merledogs

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rob thinks I am daft because before Nog went out for his walk Rob caught me holding an unopened tin of hot dog sausages in front of Nog and overheard me explaining to Nog that if he would walk on all 4 legs when on his walkies he could have 4 hot dog sausages all to himself when he came home as a reward for being a good boy. Only I've been proven not to be so daft after all *grins* as Nog walked an entire circuit on all 4 legs and did indeed earn himself 4 sausages when he came in biggrin.gif wub.gif One thing about him not having used that leg very much is that he has very soft pads on that foot so they will need to be kept an eye on so as not to let them get sore, they are quite pink tonight so I'm going to give them a bath in some salt water shortly.

One thing about him not having used that leg very much is that he has very soft pads on that foot so they will need to be kept an eye on so as not to let them get sore, they are quite pink tonight so I'm going to give them a bath in some salt water shortly.

I know that this will sound insane :wacko: but if you boil up some potato peelings, strain and cool the water and bathe Nogs paw in it, it will soothe and toughen the pads. I used it as a remedy for Flo's sore and cracked pads - it worked a treat.

Edited by Spins4me

Me again. I need to be in bed but we're leaving here tomorrow and coming home after a month away :( I'm really churned up about it. Yes, I want to see the Munchkins and I've missed my dogs more than I can say BUT we've had a fantastic time and love it here so much and we feel so at home here too. We both feel that we'd be really happy here permanently....

Must stop whining and pull myself together. We'll be back on Friday morning and will see the Munchkins in the afternoon and pick up the dogs on Saturday :bigsmiley:

:GroupHug: for anyone needing one

Morning :wavey:

Spins - have a safe trip back flowers.gif

Ben came through his procedure really well, he even got over the anasthetic quickly, which was a relief, his mouth and throat checked out to, so hopefully he'll get his appitite back in a few weeks.

Now I've gone and burnt my hand, and it's right sore mecry.gifwe had a power cut, and I managed to spill hot wax over my thumb and index finger, I don't think I'll be getting much sleep tonight.

Glad Bendolina is ok and that his mouth/throat are clear and Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif for your poorly hand.

Anyway I get a phonecall update this afternoon from the wife. It starts off really lovely about how little staffy Billie has been very good and how they moved her bed in to their bedroom with them last night as they were worried that she might be anxious and how she has been really sweet etc etc and then, she says "could we adopt her, we've really fallen for her"! Oh bless them, and this is only 24hrs later and from someone who wasn't that sure about staffys in the first place lol.

That's great news wub.gif Our receptionist at work is moving in with her boyfriend and they are getting a dog - he wants a staffy and she said no, but I extolled their virtues and she's coming round to the idea. I told her they would have to get a rescue of course.

Andrea - I'm so sorry. for you and Lauren Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Just back from the school run.

Plans have been put in to build a care home next to the primary school, we all tought that's ok the old people will like to see the kids playing.

Turns out that it is a rehab unit and drop in for people with drug and drink problems this has been kept quiet I wonder why? angry.gif

morning. I have just dashed about for a manic hour or so and now everything due in or out has arrived or gone. Sadly this means I have the time to set up the online account with HM Revenue and try and get it all to work before next week :wacko: For anyone in the north west, listen out as I struggle with stuff like this and am prone to running into the garden and yelling expletives in frustration :laugh:

Put an ad on Freecycle yesterday asking for items for the Oldies stalls I'm doing,had someone respond saying they would like to foster for them and how do they get in tocuh. :biggrin: Fingers crossed it comes about.One of the vet nurses has said she will look after Daisy,and Duncan too,for the weekend I'm invited to Beirut but I'm still not sure I want to leave her :(