UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March Rmf

merledogs

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am feeling very ashamed of myself at the moment. sad.gif

I took Whiskey and Tess to our local park today and before I could let Whiskey off the lead 5 dogs came running over to say hello. As Whiskey is sight and hearing impaired he can be very nervous of other dogs when he is on lead and barks at the them. I tried to walk away from the dogs to give Whiskey some space as he was getting very agitated, but they kind of surrounded him (not in a threatening way, but it probably didn't seem like that to Whiskey). Then one of the dogs (a JRT) went for him and Whiskey tried to have a go back. All the other dogs were still standing around which I think intensified the situation and I was trying to hold Whiskey back, but at the same time trying to keep the other dogs away......and in the heat of the hysteria I ended up kicking the JRT to get him off of Whiskey sad01_anim.gif

I feel so ashamed of myself now, and although it clearly didn't hurt the dog as he just kept coming back to have a go, that really isn't the point. sad02.gif

Afterwards Whiskey was really wound up and continued to bark at the dogs as we walked away. I didn't handle the situation well at all and feel like a real idiot now. blush.gif

Pleased about Shadow and Ben

Andrea sorry about your ex FIL :GroupHug:

Laura, I have to say I am the same, if a strange dog attacks

any of my 3 they get a boot full stop

RMF let my lot out last night, turned on the outside light and there was

a black cat standing there.

Archie saw it and started to quiver so I held onto him, Tessie didnt see

which was good as I didn't want her to get over exited cos of her

breathing difficulties due to the cancer spreading in her lungs,

Cliffy went mental, really growled and rumbled, then charged full pelt at the cat.,

but was very miffed as the cat held it's ground, so he grumped twice at

it them wandered back to me with as much dingity as he could muster, seeing

as his plan went awry, (btw he is smaller than the cat).

Cliffy geared up for round 2 but this time Archie joined in with Tessie

as back up barking loudly in my arms, this time the cat dissapeared into the darkness with a daxi

and westie in hot persuit.

in the heat of the hysteria I ended up kicking the JRT to get him off of Whiskey sad01_anim.gif

I feel so ashamed of myself now, and although it clearly didn't hurt the dog as he just kept coming back to have a go, that really isn't the point. sad02.gif

you did what you needed to do :flowers: i have done it myself before now... the important thing is none of the dogs were hurt :flowers:

Jane keep an eye on your hand.... i left a burn on my arm was i was 15, it got infected and i now have a 2 inch scar on my forearm

Laura I would boot any dog which was attacking mine while they were on lead as well angry.gif Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif and like you I'd regret it afterwards, but what else could you do?

RMF : I have had a 'heated debate' with a supplier this morning - the same one that has been causing me no end of problems for the past month or so. At least my director is backing me up as he has met with this supplier's boss last Friday and has told the account manager face to face that they are (his words - "sh1t").

RMF: Picking foster dog up on Sunday now rather than Saturday. Hopefully I won't be too knackered with the clocks going forward. Need to pull out crate from shed and get cat flap hole boarded up so he can be separate in the utility room for a bit as he isn't used to being indoors and I thought bringing him in and introducing 4 dogs may be a bit much all in one go...

I've put a post in picture chat asking for advice on getting a new camera if anyone who knows about such things would like to help.....please?

have you got anything for the blisters? could need seeing to :GroupHug: :flowers:

I think it's possibly a 2nd degree burn, I'm keeping a surgical glove on it to protect the blisters and stop it getting infected, worst thing is I can't get my infusion at the hospital because of it dry.gif, could be weeks before it's healed up, by which time I could well be in hospital anyway with a raging flare up angry.gif

I am feeling very ashamed of myself at the moment. sad.gif

I took Whiskey and Tess to our local park today and before I could let Whiskey off the lead 5 dogs came running over to say hello. As Whiskey is sight and hearing impaired he can be very nervous of other dogs when he is on lead and barks at the them. I tried to walk away from the dogs to give Whiskey some space as he was getting very agitated, but they kind of surrounded him (not in a threatening way, but it probably didn't seem like that to Whiskey). Then one of the dogs (a JRT) went for him and Whiskey tried to have a go back. All the other dogs were still standing around which I think intensified the situation and I was trying to hold Whiskey back, but at the same time trying to keep the other dogs away......and in the heat of the hysteria I ended up kicking the JRT to get him off of Whiskey sad01_anim.gif

I've booted a dog for attacking mine, what other option did you have, don't blame yourself, blame the numpty owner, where were they when all this was happening ?

shes here!

shes had a bad belly so has had a botty bath at the vets so is a bit wet. shes not herself, falling over stuff rather walking round them. just stoned I hope lol

Hope she's better soon Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Eddie's working away tomorrow night, which would normally have me grinning ear to ear and singing Oklahoma at the top of my voice, but what with the burnt hand and the grumbling guts, it's not going to be much fun.