UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March Rmf

merledogs

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He'll start as a buyers assistant and the company will support him with training to become a qualified buyer biggrin.gif

I'm a buyer (having had a career change 5 years ago) flowers.gif The potential earnings longer term will be excellent and (assuming he will be doing his MCIPS) then the skills are very transferable, so once he's qualified, the world is his lobster (plus he'll be able to get company car, etc) flowers.gif

I'm a buyer (having had a career change 5 years ago) flowers.gif The potential earnings longer term will be excellent and (assuming he will be doing his MCIPS) then the skills are very transferable, so once he's qualified, the world is his lobster (plus he'll be able to get company car, etc) flowers.gif

Yes thats the one biggrin.gif they have a really good record in supporting people to gain professional qualifications - Nick had actually sent his cv in as he was interested in becoming a surveyor and had heard a whisper that they were going to be taking on another trainee this year it was from that he got the call from the buying department, he'd never thought of buying before and didn't really know what the job entailed etc. but having been in a few times now he's really keen especially as this could lead to a career whereas with Royal Mail his options were severly limited - not to mention the dreadful record they have on bullying etc. He was also concerned that he was going to end up with damaged knees and back if he stayed very much longer - almost all the postmen/women that have been on the job a few years have some form of permanent damage to their joints or bad backs and he didn't want the same thing to happen to him, he's already got a stiff achy knee after a fall he had on the job and it was only ever going to get worse. He's already rather excited over the fact that he'll be getting his own desk & a laptop laugh.gif much as I have mentioned 4,000 word case studies it hasn't phased him in the slightest as he reminded me he has more than a few Diplomas & City & Guilds to his name so it's not as if he hasn't studied or done course work before - which is true but mum remembers the moaning and complaining that went on when he was doing them laugh.gif laugh.gif

... much as I have mentioned 4,000 word case studies it hasn't phased him in the slightest as he reminded me he has more than a few Diplomas & City & Guilds to his name so it's not as if he hasn't studied or done course work before - which is true but mum remembers the moaning and complaining that went on when he was doing them laugh.gif laugh.gif

For gawd's sake don't tell him the pain I'm going through doing my MCIPS then laugh.gif Actually mine is partly down to not studying far enough in advance, so I'm sure he'll be fine.

For gawd's sake don't tell him the pain I'm going through doing my MCIPS then laugh.gif Actually mine is partly down to not studying far enough in advance, so I'm sure he'll be fine.

Ummmm I have a feeling that could well be Nick laugh.gif on the other hand Vicky is a very capable nag and he does as he's told for her laugh.gif although to be fair to Nick he has said he wished he'd studied harder and chosen some additional courses alongside his main one so he'd have had more string to his bow and he apologised for not listening to me and Rob when we were trying to advise him when he was in college. Like I told him it's never ever too late to change careers (I did) or learn new things and he's only 23 so he's still got plenty of time.

im so sorry :GroupHug:

my temporary filling has just come out while I was eating a pringle, dangerous things them lol

I admit it, im a dog bedaholic! I got a lovely little one at the boot sale for £1. didnt find a harness for erin though. has anyone got one bichon sized please? I got a bag of tennis balls for the dogs, they will be happy.

has anyone got experience of cataracts? my vet says they will only do one eye, is that right

my beautiful boy has gone :mecry:

So sorry :GroupHug:

RMF I have declared today to be my indecision day, well at least I think so. :wacko:

All my family have them frequently, I think its my turn. If I hear anymore about "where do you think we should end the tiling in the kitchen?" I will blow my top.....or I might not. :wink:

Men and DIY get right on my t**ts. :mad:

im so sorry Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

my temporary filling has just come out while I was eating a pringle, dangerous things them lol

I admit it, im a dog bedaholic! I got a lovely little one at the boot sale for £1. didnt find a harness for erin though. has anyone got one bichon sized please? I got a bag of tennis balls for the dogs, they will be happy.

has anyone got experience of cataracts? my vet says they will only do one eye, is that right

I have experience of cataracts in humans as I've got one myself and they will only do one at a time for people just in case anything goes wrong - maybe thats what the vet meant?

shes no problem, so dont mind her here. someones told me how much it costs to have each eye done, from £2,000!

Ive enjoyed the boot sale, done the clothes washing and put it all away and cleaned the garden, so ive put the splints on to see if they will help my wrists as they are starting to get sore.

Now then girls, I need help with a problem ive got, your answers could change my life :unsure:

where the hell did all the fleeces and jeans come from? and why am I wearing the same stuff all the time as ive got 'nothing else'

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: