UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March Rmf

merledogs

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the internet is pretty bloody amazing some days

this morning a Sri Lanka man who lives in Australia posted a photo and email on Dogstars Facebook fan page about an injured dog he had received from a Sri Lankan friend at a major tourist resort

. The email gave very specific info on location and the phones numbers of 2 local people trying to help

Dogstar are no where near this area and Mo our project manager is back in the UK this week , but I know a man called Ishan who works for a Sri Lanka dog Charity in the Capital 30 minutes away from the location of this dog , I emailed him and he is sending a team out tomorrow to try find the dog. Dogstar will help pay for some of the costs for the dogs treatment and Ishans team will look for the owner ( the dog has a collar and looks lost rather than homeless )

bloody amazing

Wow Wendy thats fantastic and so so kind of the lady

Here is the dog in Sri Lanka that Ishan and Dogstar are hoping to help

25878_10150128766175144_600025143_1.jpg

and the fantastic news is , the dog has been found , reunited with the owner and treatment started for the injuries

biggrin.gif

Anyone interested in a small brindle and white SBT bitch named Daisy ?, I'll pay any costs. My little darling puked in the bed last night, right next to my pillow, and I didn't know till I woke up dry.gif.

:laugh: :laugh: i nearly wee'd myself :laugh: :laugh:

lizzie :flowers: i was extra nice when i called him after my post.. he was still a rude miserable s*d :glare:

phoebejo... fully agree if i could vote with my feet and take the car somewhere else i would (in fact i would put it back together myself) but it is in bits and would involve hiring a recovery truck and trying to figure out which bits go where :wacko: hopefully my new head will arrive and be fabulous and he can choke on the £800 quid that i got knocked off :biggrin:

very glad the lost dog in sri lanka got found :flowers:

Nige thinking of you mate Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Sam that's wonderful news that the Sri Lankan dog has been re-united with the owner. That little face was heart breaking mecry.gif

Well Ruby and I have spent a long weekend in Rutland in a holiday cottage and attended an old friend's 50th birthday. I had a fab time and found a new "old" friend too who lives just an hour and quarter from me so we will be able to meet up fairly regularly biggrin.gif

I was persuaded to give Facebook another try so I have - as some of you might know having received friendship requests from me rolleyes.gif I am still looking for some of you laugh.gif

Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif for all other people and pets who haven't been well.

Nigel :GroupHug:

Sam that's brilliant news

Very very pleased to get Ds insurance renewal in,was dreading it as I've had about £1200 back for Daisy :ohmy: but it's gone from £230 a year to £379 - for both of them,well pleased with that - and the limit has gone up to £7500 - was £5000.

and the fantastic news is , the dog has been found , reunited with the owner and treatment started for the injuries

biggrin.gif

I can't tell you how pleased I am to read that mecry.gif wub.gif I kept seeing that little face all last night, hoping against hope that help would come and it has, thanks to some very special people :liabe94:

Very very pleased to get Ds insurance renewal in,was dreading it as I've had about £1200 back for Daisy ohmy.gif but it's gone from £230 a year to £379 - for both of them,well pleased with that - and the limit has gone up to £7500 - was £5000.

That's good, who are you with? flowers.gif

I asked my director for advice today on a potentially political issue - he just told me to get on with my job rolleyes.gif

RMF : Took all 4 dogs for a walk round the block again when I got in from work. They were such good babies and had a proper fuss off some people wub.gif

ive just used up 2 boxes in the freezer, so had a chicken kiev and fish in batter, with frozen mash. was nice lol I didnt know how the mash would be, but it was fine. good job as I bought 3 bags lol

because ive been buying from the butcher, we havent used much in the freezer, just some oven chips or jacket potatoes. food bills has gone right down, glad to say

Thinking today of Nigel, and Sproggie and Sprogsbloke :GroupHug:

Lizzie, I am sure Flynn will be fine and the others will be much happier :GroupHug:

Wispa and I have been working hard up in the Brecon Beacons. Polly came along with us and did a lot of sleeping while we were working. We have all had our supper and have gone to bed as we are shattered. I don't know why Polly is shattered, maybe just the effort of sleeping somewhere else counts as hard work.

Edited by owl

Hugs for Nigel, and Sproggie and Sprogsbloke :GroupHug:

Seamus killed a cat! I feel awful!! I left a note for the owners, (cat ran away, but died later) and they are distraught, and furious. Can't say I blame them, I should have had him on a lead. I did look for cats before I let him out, but clearly didn't spot this one.

I don't mind him killing rodents in the woods, but not someone's pet! Not that he can tell the difference, of course!