UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Its Time To Introduce Jamie

Purrpuss

:biggrin: Three weeks and 2 days ago, this lovely boy came to live with us :biggrin:

Please say hello to Jamie. He is 5 yrs old, a shar pei x, and has severe IBD (inflamatory bowel disease), so has a very controlled diet. His doggy manners are appalling, but he is intelligent and learns quickly, and we seem to be developing a strong bond.

When the sanctuary first asked me to take him, and then at our first visit, I was told some horror stories about him, as he was very stressed about being in kennels and was not coping very well. But since being here, he seems to have settled in well, and we seem to be helping to heal one anothers hearts.

This boy is going nowhere without me :happy:

This was taken the day he arrived :( Emaciated and scared. He has since put some muscle on, but there is a good chance he will always be emaciated because of the IBD.

jamie001.jpg

Learning to play :wub:

Jamieandthehonkingpheasant007.jpg

From our walk today. Hello handsome :wub: (and thank you Billy for the lovely foto :flowers: )

23511_310222532445_547897445_337779.jpg

And getting worried that I may have forgotten to get in the car too :laugh:

23511_310222542445_547897445_337779.jpg

Hello gorgeous Jamie! :wavey:

Jamie as he was during our first visit and the Jamie we met yesterday are 2 entirely different dogs! :biggrin: He is totally devoted to his new 'mum', and is so much more chilled than he was before. I don't think his 'doggy manners' are that bad, as he does back off when he gets told, it's just his lead manners that need a bit of work :wink: But I'm sure that that little issue will be resolved as well in time.

I'm really made up with how our walk went yesterday, Jamie pretty much ignored my 2 hooligans, but when sniffing at the same lump of grass was involved, they seemed to kind of 'bond' - there was def some bonding going on between Jamie and Spaarky (:wub:) - even when James nearly threw Sparks off balance when Sparks cocked his leg for a wee, LOL! :laugh:

Looking forward to lots of walks this summer! :)