UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Received Some Sad News

Laura_E

Firstly I just want to apologise for this post being a bit self-indulgent, particularly as I know lots of you are going through difficult times of your own at the moment- but I just received the sad news that one of my friends passed away today. :mecry:

Unfortunately as I had been working late I only found this out when I logged into Facebook tonight and saw all of the posts about it. It is a total shock and still hasn't sank in.

Apparently he collapsed at work and was rushed to hospital, but passed away this afternoon. He was only in his early 40's and leaves behind a wife, two children and two dogs.

He was one of the nicest people that I have ever had the pleasure of knowing and he would have done anything for anyone.

There have been lots of messages and sentimental tributes about him, but to me, this is the best reflexion of the sort of person he was:

Falc always reminded me of Hoggle from Labyrinth and when me and Morgs told him that he was actually quite chuffed with the comparison. Even when he was in a mood he always had the ability to make others laugh.

He was never affraid to laugh at himself and always saw the best in every situation. He was very rarely angry, but on the few occasions that he was, it would just make people laugh because of his comical ways.

I feel privilleged to have known him and will always remember him fondly.

Thank you for all your lovely messages :GroupHug:

I spoke to some friends today and it appears that Steve (affectionately referred to as Falc because of his surname) suffered a brain hemorrhage. It's still a shock as he was such an up-beat and energetic person, you would never have known that there was anything wrong with him.

As we all worked in the prison together, he should receive a service funeral. I know would have meant a lot to him as he was very proud of his work and always gave 100% to everything that he done.