UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Can Jack Have Some Good Thoughts Please?

houndzrus

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack spent the whole day yesterday either sleeping or being very listless. it was certainly not the happy, bouncy lad he should be and he was going straight back to the vet's today if no improvement. :( his eyes were either stuck closed or open and "droopy".

eyes.jpg

This Morning though, I am happy to report that the Jackster's (almost) back :biggrin: He is waggy tailed and a lot more lively :wub: i'm wondering if he had some kind of infection too, to knock him off his feet like that? I don't think now that it was just his eyes :unsure: He did spend a lot of time (including Thursday night as he wouldn't come back in) in the conservatory which is unheated, so maybe he had a temperature too. He wasn't off his food,but he only ate if it was offered.

Well thanks again everyone :flowers:

Griff, what are the glasses like? I've never seen any :flowers:

Edited by houndzrus

Sorry to hear about Jack Marge. I do think he may well have suffered with a virus and the conjunctivitis is one of the symptoms perhaps?

I have been battling just before Christmas with some of our foster kittens, and at least two of them had terribly swollen tissues around the eye, although the actual eye itself was not too bad. One went a little opaque but eventually it looked a lot better.

Some of the other kittens suffered with awful mouth ulcers, which progress through their little bodies and can reduce their lung capacity, It has been terrible to watch them slowly lose their fight to stay on this earth. The kittiens got so "fluidy" I was feeding them with a 1 ml syringe. The vet tells me the mother cats carry the viruses and pass them on to their youngsters. :mecry:

But things have improved now and we have found indoor only homes where no other cats reside for the ones that have made it and their Mums. Just two more to find homes for now.

It is horrid having conjunctivitis, I have had it when pregnant a couple of times. But I didn't have the temperature and feeling rough with myself symptoms, like Jack seems to have gone through. I hope he improves very quickly.

Jack has been getting kisses on his schnozz are prescribed :wub:

Sorry you have had so many problems with the kittens Judith, but glad most of them have made it through, hopefully stronger :wub:

I was wondering if Jack picked up something from the water on Coundon wedge, but other dogs, including Cherry also went in and they are ok. Just one of those things I suppose, his eyes are his weak point. :wub:

He is still ok in himself now, just need the red film to go and the itching to stop.