UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Blimmin Fireworks Have Started

ReikiAnge

Still I am grateful that they've not been going on for weeks as they have for others. Thankfully we got back to the dogs just minutes before they went off (it was still light mind) but poor Sno was shaking :( He's been dosed up, have persuaded him out for a wee with the promise of a fish bones treat and he's now gone to his crate (and is now helping daddy cook dinner). I leave him be if he's not in a blind panic.

I think what some people don't realise is, that it's not just the immediate effect/reaction, but that for days and weeks afterwards it can be difficult to get your dog to go out into their own garden for the loo, that you have to be careful not to be out after dark (or earlier seemingly :rolleyes:), that you have to be careful what time you walk the dog etc. Why oh why can't they be available for public displays only.

Thinking of all those animals who are scared and their people :GroupHug:

Teddy Texas has had a couple of bad nights, especially Divali--- the church hall next door had some kind of event on and they let some fireworks off in the roadway, one of them was a huge crate like thing with 36 bombs in it..I discovered this later by falling over it in the dark and spraining all kinds of stuff,

Teddy texas was well up the wall. You dont go out here after dark at this time of year as the gangs will throw them at you even if you havent got a dog. Sometimes the white racists group will come into the area to crank things up a bit,, so its bucket of water behind the letterbox.

He will be at his worst on Bonfire night(s), emergency activity --play Hawkwind at full belt on all speakers , ( the next door neighbour goes to the lake district for the firework week) but have a cd of firework noises playing in the bathroom . Keep taking him up to look at it. He gets suspicious but it worked at new year.

But then hey sainsburys budget range french brandy is only £7.00

Still I am grateful that they've not been going on for weeks as they have for others. Thankfully we got back to the dogs just minutes before they went off (it was still light mind) but poor Sno was shaking sad01_anim.gif He's been dosed up, have persuaded him out for a wee with the promise of a fish bones treat and he's now gone to his crate (and is now helping daddy cook dinner). I leave him be if he's not in a blind panic.

I think what some people don't realise is, that it's not just the immediate effect/reaction, but that for days and weeks afterwards it can be difficult to get your dog to go out into their own garden for the loo, that you have to be careful not to be out after dark (or earlier seemingly rolleyes.gif), that you have to be careful what time you walk the dog etc. Why oh why can't they be available for public displays only.

Thinking of all those animals who are scared and their people Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Poor Sno and poor you Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

I haven't been able to get Tess to the park for the last couple of days now and she is even reluctant to just walk around the block. She has started to give the garden a wide berth too, so toileting is a bit of an issue. Needless to say, she has been farting like a trooper! rolleyes.gif

However, the endless stream of trick or treaters knocking on the door has provided some distraction.

We had loads going off this afternoon in broad daylight. Why?

Fortunately Archie was up a fell with Ruby so didn't hear them and George's hearing isn't as keen as it was now he's an O.A.P

However the big town bonfire and fireworks is just about to kick off and it's usually like WW3 :(

We've just had some here which didn't bang but made a noise like lots of loud jingle bells with sizzling. I had the back door open and didn't know what the heck it was, thought the sizzling was my supper burning and the bells quite alarmed me. Glad Wispa is still at the Barn, she can cope with bangs cos she's used to gunshots but anything weird really upsets her and she is scared of the actual display in the sky so we have to keep her away from windows. Polly, bless her, couldn't hear a thing.

Nothing visible (or audible) here yet, thankfully.

I think the Bungles are disappointed, they like fireworks. Last year I caught them both sitting on the front step watching a display across the valley with every sign of enjoyment. Bungles are odd. :laugh:

lots here tonight thanks to bobsmums next door neighbour

i am down to only one terrified ttyzer since henry went deaf and we lost bullseye, but now have several angry dogs.

The bitch brigade is led by maude who is backed up by angel and bramble and their tactics are to charge into the garden and yell obscenities at the fings wot go boom :rolleyes:

:GroupHug: for those that need them.

After the ones that went off in daylight :rolleyes: things went quiet and we've had a peaceful evening. I know we are very "lucky" where we live, compared to many. I guess even in this recession some still have money to burn though - literally.

Wishing everyone a peaceful-as-possible-weekend :flowers:

It hasn't been too bad here so far this year but I know we have a big local display happening tomorrow night :( Interestingly my brother and his fiancee were here last night and there were a few going off. Not enough to upset most of our lot but enough to bother Tess. For those who don't know Tess is our very scaredy girl who was badly abused and is terrified of everyone but Dave and I. My brother is the closest she has come to trusting anyone else and he has been able to touch her a few times. Last night with the fireworks going off both he and his fiancee were able to fuss her quite a lot and she even jumped up on her lap for comfort at one point. And made eye contact :unsure: So I'm looking forward to next time they come over to see whether she remembers that they were there for her when she was scared and whether that might just be the breakthrough with them she needs.

We had a few go off this evening. Weirdly, Mollydog made a huge fuss and kept yelling about how SKARY the fireworks were.

Whereas, Az, who was the one who originally taught Molls that fireworks, storms etc were scary, has now decided that he can't be bothered, and just came for a quick cuddle then went back to snoozing. :unsure:

Dogs are odd.

We've had a couple of bangs over the last couple of nights but not prolonged, Toby heard them and took himself off into the kitchen to his Dad and wasn't overly upset, but I know come next weekend when they are in full force and probably during this week as well I will have a dog climbing the walls :mecry:

I will be going to the vets on Monday to get some Valium for him since its the onlly thing that calms him down. Beenzie on the other hand will be pawing at the back door to be let out to watch them :rolleyes:

sorry for the long rant but i am sooooo p****d off, just let scratch out for a quick wee as n*b head next door had finnally stopped with the fireworks when he suddenly let a massive one off which scared her half to death :angry: , up til now both of them havent been bothered by fireworks yesterday bob had to wait 2 1/2 hours to go to the toilet

i managed to get scratch in then shouted obsenities over the fence to him to which he repied "it halloween everyones celebrating!" & then asked me if i wanted to go round :wacko:

as i was walking back through the door i heard one of em say "ye let her complain!"

and complain i will to the fire brigade over the size of his bonfire :laugh: