UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Positive Thoughts Please...

Laura_E

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks again for all of your kind words.

I went to see Sophie yesterday (even though it's only meant to be parents and grandparents, I managed to sneak in!). She is still hooked up to about twenty different machines and has tubes stuck in her nose and mouth. It is quite upsetting to see her like that, but she is still hanging in there and is no longer under sedation. But she will probably be in intensive care for another two weeks as her little body isn't stong enough to fend for itself just yet. However, things are looking more positive.

My sister has been so strong and is really holding it together. She is calling the ward that Sophie is in 'the miracle room' as they also nearly lost a three year old boy in the bed opposite over the weekend. Apparently his whole family had come down to say goodbye in preperation for turning off his life support machine, and then his body just started working again. :wub::mecry:

Hopefully things will start to look up for both of the little ones from here on.

Things took a turn for the worse last week and they have had to put Sophie back on the ventilator as her body isn't ready to fend for itself just yet. She had been stuck in the same position for the last four weeks now and is obviously becoming increasingly frustrated and is subsequently crying a lot. She is normally quite a happy baby and rarely ever cries, so it has been really upsetting for my sister as she hasn't been able to pick her up and comfort her because of the tubes. So yesterday the nurse helped her to pick Sophie up for the first time in weeks and, as you can see from the picture, she was rather pleased!

SophieLou.jpg