UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October Rmf

also laugh.gif for Snow's trauma, sorry Snow, you should

write a column in a paper somewhere....

Funnily enough I was gonna post in Marks thread that when I was younger I wanted to write for newspapers, or write for a living. My father had a similar dream and was able to realise it after he retired from the police by having his own regular column in the local newspaper writing as their local "Victor Meldrew" under the pen name "grumpy old man" laugh.gif his columns were hilariously funny and didn't half spark off a huge postbag whenever he came out with something outrageous (which was almost every column lol)

I was just reading in the paper about a woman who was told by her doctor that she had a cracked rib..turned out she had pneumonia, and had to have a load of fluid drained from her lung! if the pain persists, tell him to insist on a chest xray! :GroupHug:

Thank you for replying Suzeanna :flowers: I was so worried about him as he set off :( Chiro guy has done some work on him which will hopefully help. Poor woman finding out she had pneumonia :(

where as I ended up in hospital having an EGC for a suspected heart attack and I just had a ( badly ) pulled muscle

I felt like moose of the month after that I can tell you :blush02:

Hope Rob is feeling better soon chesty hurty pains are not much fun at all

I got an emergency ECG when I was in with chest pains that was actually down to pleuracy, but they produced a needle for a blood test and my monitor went through the roof :laugh:

Hubby and I were talking last week about our school days and he said he really loved the school dinner cheese & potato pie with tinned tomatos.... so in the oven as we speak is a yummy cheese & potato pie for our tea and I am reallllllly looking forwards to it - lets hope the one I made is better than the one from school he remembers laugh.gif

Julia, I'm so sorry to read your news :GroupHug:

RMF: Today has been made up of mostly frustrating clients who keep changing their minds and cause me lots of work :rolleyes: On the other hand, we were all in a silly mood this afternoon and laughing at stupid things til we were in tears :cool:

where as I ended up in hospital having an EGC for a suspected heart attack and I just had a ( badly ) pulled muscle

I felt like moose of the month after that I can tell you :blush02:

Hope Rob is feeling better soon chesty hurty pains are not much fun at all

Ouch - better that way around than the other though - and thanks :flowers:

Thanks Michelle :flowers:

Have so much to do but Rob's just gone off to see his chiropractor as he's got a pain around his chest (bruised rib feeling) and I'm worried about him so not managing to focus on much else at the moment. Really hope he is ok.

Sorry, missed this earlier. I hope he feels better now. :flowers:

No missing bits of pastry brushes and no pastry either laugh.gif my school made it with a pastry base, a half inch thick layer of onions on the bottom and the cheese and potato on top, Rob's school made it without the pastry - mine was with the onions fried in a mixture of olive oil and butter til crispy then the cheese & onions mixed into the mash and the whole lot topped with a cheese crust and baked for 30 mins and it was yummmmmyyyyy biggrin.gif

Yes but you made it with normal ingredients so it would be tasty :laugh: The obligatory bit of pastry brush used to turn up with my plain sponge and custard. :wacko: It happened that often the kids used to joke about it and it's stayed with me to haunt me forever :laugh: I used to have that and fish and chips every day. It was the only almost edible thing they used to dish up. I used to stand in the queue with my mate and we told each other jokes until we were served. We had a good laugh.