UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

X Factor

merledogs

I find it amazing that 4 overpaid, vain, egotistical 'experts' can trawl the entire country looking for talent. Put everyone through auditions and a rigourous boot camp to get the very best and we have 12 of the most mediocre acts ever. J&E one of the top 3 groups in the country :laugh:

I really think that the judges have done a piss poor job this year imho

I agree Ange. It's a singing competition and those 2 can't sing :mad:

Yeah, that's probably true - but their popularity is important - Was Cheryl Cole really worthy of no.1 - I wouldn't have said so. Strictly........ is a dancing competition. John Sargeant wasn't the best dancer - but the public loved him & wanted him to stay last year. Zoe wasn't the worst this Saturday - but the public wanted others to stay in. They pay their money (votes, license fee etc so why shouldn't they?)

Personally I don't believe that Simon, Louis etc expect to find the best winning each week.

If they find a true superstar great - they'll make a fortune. If what they find is avergae however then I reckon they just want the best money maker - not necessarily the best average act - that's what I mean about the entertainment factor - even if they last about as long as Chico for a short time John & Edward would sell him some records. Is there anyone else on there likely to become a superstar & do better for a long time?

Personally, I don't think so myself & nor, by the sound of it, does chickentikka

Don't know if it's just me but it seems to be a little boring this year. No one is really exciting me or appears to be the obvious winner/finalist. Lucie seems to be getting stronger each week but there's no real 'buzz'. Maybe just overshadowed by the J&E saga and Danyl's cocky/broken conflict?

I can see Lloyd in the bottom two again, he reminds me of the kid who played Nick in Corrie!

Lloyd was poor again, bless him.

I though Jamie was just dull (again).

Jedward hit new lows in awfulness.

Ollie was fab, as was Lucie.

I am getting a bit fed up of the judges though, it all seems to be about them this year rather than the contestants.

Just how awful was it last night, J & E belong on Cebeebies, they are just so childish. Lloyd was so out of tune it was painful to hear, Jamie has sadly gone off the boil and Danyl's puppydog eyes are worse than his cockiness. I still like Stacey though, Lucie mmm, not sure, can't think who else is left in!

Louis is a silly old man, he looks vague and slightly dotty, his constant wingeing about cheating is really trying!

I thought Louis was just plain rude several times last night,he is turning into a real moaner :rolleyes:

Ollie was excellent and as it stands I think must be the favourite to win.

Was it just me or did Lucie turn into a bit of a Stacy at the end in her brief bit with Dermot? I felt irritated by her.

Still really liking Jamie too.Danyl was better last night and did show more humility but I'm not sure it'll last.

Have just heard on the radio that Jamie is considering quitting. Apparantly he was offered a support act with Bon Jovi on their tour, but X Factor bosses have banned him from doing it due to contractual reasons. This could be a better opportunity for him to "make it" after all X Factor 2009 will forever be know as the farce!!

I really liked Jamie last night. I like that he did something totally not obviously "him" and actually showed his voice off (which I thought was really good)

Olly was probably my favourite of the night. I love that he not only sings but dances too and does an all round performance.

Lucie was good too. I'm not 100% about this new direction they're sending her in as I thought she did My Funny Valentine excellently but it does seem to suit her.

Danyl was meh last night. Predictable, shouty and wide mouthed as usual.

I thought Stacey's performance was good and she's doing much better on that side of things but to me her vocals suffered slightly.

Lloyd was awful. I think he will go this week.

Joe sings beautifully but I agree that he is more musical theatre than pop star. I expect him to be in the bottom two with Lloyd this week.

The twins, I hate to say, weren't as bad as they have been and it was actually quite good fun. Although I think they owe 99% of that to the production rather than them. I think they have a definite career as children's presenters in their future but they are just not right at all for X factor and need to go. I think next week will be their week. Once Lloyd goes there are no more weak ones left to go out in their stead.

I like the twins and I do think that they would make great kids tv presenters,they really cant sing but are very funny to watch.

I think Louis has a point in his moaning. If its supposed to be big band etc and the others have to stick to the rules why should Crummy Cowell be allowed to differ because his singer/s doesnt suit that type of thing? I thought they were supposed to be versatile and come out of their comfort zone.Rules are rules,they are there to make it fair.

I hope Stacey stays in as she is good and Lucy is improving. Not keen on any of the blokes really.x

I know it's supposed to be a singing contest & nice shouldn't come into it but despite 2 below par performances now I think Lloyd comes across as a really nice young lad & hope he can get past his nerves etc & "crack on".

I didn't think either deserved to be the bottom 2 - Stacey, Danyl, Jamie, Lloyd would all have gone in first for me. To be honest when they hit the bottom 2 I didn't think John & Edward would go through but they came out & really tried where I thought Lucy seemed a little "flat".

I don't know who cut Danyl's hair but I wish he'd taken Jamie with him - that afro bugs me every week. Maybe he should have taken Danni too as, unusually, I thought she looked awful last night.

Shakira's on next week :flowers:

• Like 1