UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

X Factor

merledogs

Total outsider here. I don't watch it but caught the last part last night and couldn't work out what the heck was going on.

I don't really know who Cheryl Cole is and why she's deemed suitable as a judge. Keep hearing the name but no justification for her celebrity status. Couldn't figure out what she was doing on stage looking extremely pervy.

Whitney Houston - rather pathetic.

As for the sing off between the strangely dressed girl who was OKish and the lad with the weedy voice - toss a coin and save us the bother of watching.

Can't imagine what the rest of them were like.

Pam

OMG I have nearly pee'd myself all the way through the twins :laugh: They can't sing, they can't dance in time and I bet the dancers on stage were glad to have crash helmets on so they couldn't hear them :huh:

I haven't seen most of it cos I watched strictly, but I did catch some of their performance, which left me looking like this :huh::wacko: They were truly truly awful, completely talentless.

:laugh: Admittedly they probably deserved to be the ones to go but there is - as Simon said - something strangely amusing about them isn't there? Bizarre & unfair I know, but I can see them sticking around for a while yet as I think they'll become the "John Sargeants" of X factor :biggrin:

Total outsider here. I don't watch it but caught the last part last night and couldn't work out what the heck was going on.

I don't really know who Cheryl Cole is and why she's deemed suitable as a judge. Keep hearing the name but no justification for her celebrity status. Couldn't figure out what she was doing on stage looking extremely pervy.

Whitney Houston - rather pathetic.

Pam

:ohmy: Cheryl Cole is probably one of the best known women in the country at the minute - Girls aloud band member, new face of some shampoo advertising campaign, married to that idiot (was caught cheating on her "5 minutes" after they got married) of a footballer Ashley Cole etc.

Some press reports had it that she was suggested as a judge by Sharon Osbourne - out of spite - as she didn't get along with Danni & thought Cheryl younger & prettier :wink: Personally I think she always seems like a really nice & caring girl - both on here & another that followed Girls Aloud around for a while.

Perving was probably intended to be part of the appeal to the younger male audience I suspect, though I thought her singing left a bit to be desired myself.

As for Whitney I used to really like her music & thought she was very disappointing - will have to do a lot better than that if she wants to come back I think

:ohmy: Cheryl Cole is probably one of the best known women in the country at the minute - Girls aloud band member, new face of some shampoo advertising campaign, married to that idiot (was caught cheating on her "5 minutes" after they got married) of a footballer Ashley Cole etc.

So not really accomplished anything of note then?

All girl groups are the same to me.

Pam

So not really accomplished anything of note then?

Pam

Too true. Another heroic figure for our daughters to emulate. :rolleyes:

Grumpy Old Liz. :angry: :laugh:

Some press reports had it that she was suggested as a judge by Sharon Osbourne - out of spite - as she didn't get along with Danni & thought Cheryl younger & prettier :wink: Personally I think she always seems like a really nice & caring girl - both on here & another that followed Girls Aloud around for a while.

Perving was probably intended to be part of the appeal to the younger male audience I suspect, though I thought her singing left a bit to be desired myself.

I didn't think her singing was great either but I do agree she has always come across as a nice and genuine person - shame she's started doing ads for one of the worst animal testing cosmetic companies though :(

As for her not having done anything "of note", while I am not a fan of her band, she is part of one of the most successful British girl bands, formed from a similar tv talent show - you can kinda see why they chose her :wink:

I like Jamie and thought he did an ace job this week.I sky plussed as I was away.

Stacy is an excellent singer but is getting right on my tits now,I did like her but she's begun grating on me.

Got a fab text today which made me chuckle a lot:

Dear Grim Reaper,so far this year you have taken away my favourite celebrity Jade Goody, my favourite dancer Michael Jackson,my favourite actor Patrick Swayze and now my favourite singer Stephen Gateley.Just so you know my favourite twins are John & Edward.

:laugh: :laugh: