UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

X Factor

merledogs

I felt sorry for quite a few tonight, as the battle of judges egos seemed more important than constructive critisism. However, yes Kandy Rain were crap, and so were the twins. My concern is that lesser acts go further than is fair whilst better singers go home when the public vote to annoy the judges.

Some of these kids may be young, but confidence is sure as hell something the twins are lacking in :laugh:

That was so unprofessional and as Martyn said so what if he is and strangely it's gays who have probably bought a lot of her records in the past and why she's sat in that blooming chair. She's hardly greatly talented herself is she? All the judges seemed to have their undies in a knot tonight.

Some of the acts were dreadful but most were great I thought. Especially as it's a first night. Remember what they were like a few years ago all nervous and not doing very well at all. They're getting a lot better and I think the judges are expecting so much more of them these days and forgetting they're complete amateurs.

One of the twins is so much better than the other. I found myself laughing all through their performance.

Just watched it on YouTube and I agree, Danny's comment was completely unwarranted and you could see he was upset by it :angry: I thought he was great and he toned down his 'overthetopness' which was definitely needed.

I have to say, there are quite a few really good singers in it this year, which has been sadly lacking in recent years.

Forgot to say - Louis looks like he's had his eyelids lifted - looked like someone had punched him in the face :wacko:

I wonder if he knew last night that Stephen Gately had died? :( ETA cos I just read he heard about it after the show.

Edited by merledogs

Yes, he died yesterday afternoon, no suspicious circumstances apparently but no known reason either. He died on holiday in Majorca. Its so sad mecry.gif mecry.gif

That is sad. He was so young too, his poor family.

I have to say that when the twins first got through in last weeks show I was with everybody else, but now I do feel sorry for them. Ok they can't sing, but I didn't think any of them were particularly great last night, so they're not alone there. Plus I'm not surprised they struggled to sing with that energetic routine that they had them perform. Nobody else had to contend with that type of choreography, so they had a tougher job than the rest of the contestants from that aspect. There were also some boos from the audience before they came out, which wasn't fair. I also think that they are deliberately being marketed as these cocky little twerps, I know there's no smoke without fire, but we do only get to see the edited scenes that the producers want us to see. I don't know, I can't actually believe that I am sticking up for them after what I was thinking last week! rolleyes.gif But I think there are a few in it that shouldn't be. I can't believe Simon sent that Treyce girl home, she had an amazing voice and her audition was 10 times better than the rest of them, in my opinion.

Danni's comment about that Danyl was a low blow, but her and Cheryl were also out of order with what they said to that girl group too. I think Simon was right, both of them have carved careers for themselves out of dressing equally as provocative in the past, so they are just hypocrites. Danni's sister's entire comeback was based on the fact that she showed her arse off at every available opportunity in the skimpiest hot pants known to man, and it worked for her! None of the contestants get to choose their outfits, they are told what wear, so it wasn't a fair criticism.

Danni's comment about that Danyl was a low blow, but her and Cheryl were also out of order with what they said to that girl group too. I think Simon was right, both of them have carved careers for themselves out of dressing equally as provocative in the past, so they are just hypocrites. Danni's sister's entire comeback was based on the fact that she showed her arse off at every available opportunity in the skimpiest hot pants known to man, and it worked for her! None of the contestants get to choose their outfits, they are told what wear, so it wasn't a fair criticism.

But I think their point was that Kandy Rain couldn't really be whinging one minute that no-one liked them or took them seriously because they used to be strippers and then come out dressed in little more than their underwear. Yeah Danni and Cheryl have dressed similarly and I think it's sad when any female artist feels she needs to dress like that to get attention but I do think they were silly to dress like that when they particularly want to get away from that image. I wouldn't be surprised if they leave tonight. Although the twins were worse I think there is a certain amount of sympathy for them now which might save them. But Kandy Rain were the second worst singers and did themselves no favours in terms of winning the public over.