UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Positive Thoughts For Milly Merle Please

merledogs

asked a friend about the pale gums she has a bullmastiff with a front leg amputated and she said the vet had said that the op resulted in a lot of blood being lost so it would take a little time for his body to catch up in replacing what was lost hopefully thats the cause rather than anything sinister

I had a feeling that's what it might be, thanks :flowers:

She's just eaten her breakfast and is currently on the pouffe in between my legs snuggled up on a fleecy blanket :wub:

I'm amazed at how well she's getting about and she's obviously feeling better cos she hopped down to the end of the garden to tell the rottie behind us off through the fence for daring to go out in her own garden :laugh:

:biggrin: so very pleased to read that MillyMerle is well enough to grumble at rude dogs peeking into her garden. Sending lots of love and good thoughts to you all :GroupHug:

We've just been to the vets for Milly's check up. The vet nurse said Milly is doing as well as can be expected. Back in a week's time to have the staples taken out (ouch).

She still managed to pull me out of the vets in her eagerness to escape, even with a leg missing :laugh::wub:

She insisted on coming to bed with me last night. She can't go upstairs so she stood with her front paw on the bottom step waiting for me to carry her up rolleyes.gif I managed to pull a muscle in my boob carrying her so she will have to stay downstairs tonight!

She managed to come downstairs on her own though. She is getting about quite well and seems back to her usual stroppy/lovable personality wub.gif

She belted up the garden again last night to tell norty rottie off.

She gets tired very easily but that's to be expected.

I am going to give her until Friday (when I have a day off) and take her out up the fields. There are plenty of places to rest so we can walk for a bit and then have a rest.

She has a Eurohike harness which I will put on her so I can pick her up by the handle if necessary - how undignified laugh.gif