UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Our Alex.

phoebejo

Our Alex was killed instantly by a car just yards from our house this morning. It's the quietest road imaginable. Our boy managed to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

We've known Alex since he was about three or four weeks old. Born to a feral mum, he and his sister Ruby came for handrearing due to severe cat flu. They were so sick, it's the worst case of flu I'd ever seen and they very nearly died from pneumonia. Alex never full recovered, it's always affected him, he couldn't gain an ounce of weight. He didn't have two brain cells to rub together, he was gormless but oh so funny. We just had to laugh at his silly ways, life was very simple for Alex. He was always so cheerful, had a spring in his step, he loved to chat to me and he loved cuddles from everyone. I'm really going to miss our chats. He loved to play chasemechaseyou with Ruby, especially in the long grass in our garden. Despite his physical frailties life was just one big barrell of laughs for Alex :wub:

Baldy self-harming Alex :wub:

DSC03132.jpg

Alex in a moment of contemplation. Probably wondering where to pizz inappropriately next.

DSC00339.jpg

Very very poorly baby Alex.

Pic008.jpg

The day we thought Alex wouldn't survive pneumonia.

Pic075.jpg

On the mend and ignoring his sisters silliness.

Pic033.jpg

With his beloved sister Ruby.

DSC00112.jpg

Mollys best Christmas present. She thought they were still up for adoption. I got name tags made with their names on and wrapped them up with their new collars to surprise her. She was so happy :wub:

Pic030-2.jpg

And that's what we need to think of now, how happy Alex made us.

Thanks for the laughs and the love (and the puddles of pizz) our darling baby Alex :wub: :wub: :wub:

This is just so awful :mecry: I've spent most of the day in tears, so have the kids :mecry: I keep seeing Ruby and for a split second think it's Alex then I realise it's not him and it'll never be him again :mecry: The pair of them were identical, unless you were looking at them straight in the face it was often hard to tell which one it was. He'd suffered massive head injuries and when I saw him lying on the grass I didn't know initially which one of the two it was :mecry: His face was mangled but I was fairly certain it was Alex then Ruby appeared with Hebe from under Mr Hazells car. They sniffed him and said goodbye to their friend.

I think it was probably my nasty neighbours daughter that hit him. Her car was on their driveway. Alex barely left the garden and our driveway, next doors was the furthest he went. There was no blood in the road, I honestly think she ran him over on their driveway. Nasty Neighbour stopped Alan as he was going out this morning to say he'd found Alex and he'd put him in our garden. He's never done a neighbourly minded thing in his life. It seems rather fishy that it was him that found him. In my experience cats involved in RTAs have scuffed claws. Strangely Alex didn't. He had blood on all four feet yet the only injury was to his head. It doesn't make sense :mecry: