UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Wiggle & Sir H Went Camping

Wendbert

We're back from our very fab weekend near Weymouth. Arrived Friday, early evening, but as someone a few pitches up had set up over their boundary, I had to move but the staff were great and came along to find another pitch. The second one they suggested was in a very open area and as it was windy and I didn't think I'd get the tent up by myself, I asked if they could put me somewhere more sheltered. Turned out, a pitch a couple down from the one I was originally allocated was free, so we set up there.

Turned out to be perfect - sheltered by a hedge and very close to the coastal path for dog walking.

campjuly01.jpg

After everything was sorted out, we headed off on the coast path for an evening stroll:

campjuly02.jpg

On Saturday, Sir H went to doggy day care. Knowing he wouldn't enjoy long walks, I'd booked him into a local kennels for the day so that Wiggle and I could do more walking. After dropping off Sir H, Wiggle and I headed for the beach!

campjuly04.jpg

Dogs had to stay on lead but that didn't stop Wiggle enjoying himself, splashing about in the water. It was so warm and sunny, I got my feet wet too :rolleyes:

After a coffee stop, we headed over to Portland, stopping on the way to admire the view:

campjuly05.jpg

We stopped at Portland Bill where Wiggle enjoyed the view in the sunshine:

campjuly06.jpg

And then posed in front of the lighthouse:

campjuly07.jpg

We each had a 99 ice cream (Wiggle didn't have a chocolate flake in his though :wink: ) and then headed back, stopping off for another walk, this time at Chesil Beach.

After collecting Sir H, who had apparently spent most of his day sleeping in the sunshine, it was barbecue time back at the campsite.

campjuly08.jpg

The boys were very patient and let me cook their sausages for them :laugh:

In the evening, we went for a walk along the coast path, but went in the other direction. It was lovely - just the 3 of us.

campjuly09.jpg

On Sunday, it was much cooler and quite overcast but we headed out and visited Abbotsbury Sub-Tropical Gardens. After a wander around, stopping lots of times so Sir H could rest, we had a coffee and then drove on to Lyme Regis. Despite the weather, the place was very busy but we found a table at a cafe on the seafront and the 3 of us shared a crab sandwich. After putting Sir H back in the car (he was worn out and preferred to be in the car, with the fan on) Wiggle and I walked back along the front.

Wiggle wasn't impressed though - Dogs not allowed on the beach at all :ohmy:

campjuly12.jpg

Despite the beach not being "dog friendly", the shops were. Each time I went into one and asked if it was ok to bring Wiggle in, we were told it was ok.

Back at the tent, it rained in the evening, but we were tucked up, nice and cozy.

campjuly13.jpg

I woke up this morning to find Wiggle had curled up on my airbed with me, after we'd all fallen asleep listening to the rain on the tent.

Once the rain stopped, I started to pack up and then we went for a walk along the coast path.

campjuly14.jpg

As it was so sunny, we went back to the beach, so Sir H could have a paddle too:

campjuly15.jpg

We really had a lovely weekend, just the 3 of us in our tent. It was so relaxing, just doing what we wanted and the campsite was lovely.

Can't wait til our next trip :cool:

It looks fabulous Wendy and how lovely to see the boys having a fine old time :wub:

The doggy day care was a good idea for Sir H.

I do love the photo with the lighthouse in the background - I have a "thing" about lighthouses :biggrin:

Please give the boys a big hug from me :GroupHug: