UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July R M F

Wendbert

well its not exercise lol but I am getting jobs done and walking up and down the stairs most of the time, so thats something.

Once I stopped having sugar in my coffee I cant eat sweet things. Its pepsi max instead of normal coke.

Im now smaller than when I was in school!

I saw a friend after a month, and she could see the difference. That boosted me.

The only problem is, ive had to buy new clothes!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having lots of probs, an age to load, freezing, loads of white space between posts etc etc, using IE7. Can't get on the thread that's discussing any problems for some reason.

Oh well, back to the sorting out of the comp room, enough rubbish to fill a couple of skips. :biggrin:

well its not exercise lol but I am getting jobs done and walking up and down the stairs most of the time, so thats something.

Once I stopped having sugar in my coffee I cant eat sweet things. Its pepsi max instead of normal coke.

Im now smaller than when I was in school!

I saw a friend after a month, and she could see the difference. That boosted me.

The only problem is, ive had to buy new clothes!

Whatever it is, it's working well. :biggrin:

I'm having lots of probs, an age to load, freezing, loads of white space between posts etc etc, using IE7. Can't get on the thread that's discussing any problems for some reason.

Oh well, back to the sorting out of the comp room, enough rubbish to fill a couple of skips. biggrin.gif

I had the exact same problem - so I downloaded IE8 and so far so good.

first thing to try is to clear out cache and cookies

if that doenst work then I will soon have a bug tracking thing up that will feedback to invision.

the issue is caused by something called "prototype" which is a javascript application that controls a lot of the visual elements. This was written by (I think) google and so invsion have little contro, over its behaviour.

in testing i found no issues with IE7 but I use the sun java machine and not the microsoft one so that may be why some are seeing issues and not others.

the site works well in google chrome (which as a browser I actually REALLY like and recent versions of firefox.

if you could take screenshots of how things look when it goes wibbly that would help me a great deal (press alt-prntscreen)

I've just been out for tea with a friend, and she was saying how a friend of hers went for a look round a rescue centre recently and came home with a young Akita cross GSD that has been there for months. He's starting training classes and sorted arrangements for when he is at work etc (he has his own business so takes the dog with him most days) but it's the sort of place where you pay your money and leave with whatever dog takes your fancy, and he's a single, first-time dog owner living in an apartment with no garden (not that there is anything wrong with any of those things of course). He is a lovely bloke and very sensible - I was just taken aback at the rescue's 'matching' service. I hope it all works out for them.

Hope it works out Jules.

Marge will be thinking of your friend. Very tough time for you all. Hope she's not doing too badly on the chemo. :GroupHug:

We've just found out FIL is going to have to go back into hospital for another operation as he's just not healing. Getting deja vu. So we're going to have to get our buts down there to give them a lift. Local consultant has now decided he can't do it so FIL will have to go to a hospital in London.

urggggh.

Thought I'd got over last week's bug, so went away for the weekend. Thought I must be reacting to something when I got there as I became very wheezy, but now I'm back I'm still wheezy and so tired and achey. I think it must be the bug again. Bum. Hope I've not given it to my friends, I really thought I was over it on Thurs. *guilt*

Oh, forgot to say that I tried the forum on IE7 Windows and it seems to work for me, so suspect that those having problems have got machines caching ('remembering' half the old website and trying to apply the same rules to the new one) . Turn it off and on again, always worth a go!

I can't believe how many big organisations are still using IE6. I still have an IE6 test machine lurking upstairs because for commercial sites you just have to, but I can also use my husband's work laptop if he's around. Amazing. Though it's SUCH an arsepain to build for and I don't like to use it for anything but testing cos it's so ancient.

Edited by cycas

urggggh.

Thought I'd got over last week's bug, so went away for the weekend. Thought I must be reacting to something when I got there as I became very wheezy, but now I'm back I'm still wheezy and so tired and achey. I think it must be the bug again. Bum. Hope I've not given it to my friends, I really thought I was over it on Thurs. *guilt*

Oh, forgot to say that I tried the forum on IE7 Windows and it seems to work for me, so suspect that those having problems have got machines caching ('remembering' half the old website and trying to apply the same rules to the new one) . Turn it off and on again, always worth a go!

I can't believe how many big organisations are still using IE6. I still have an IE6 test machine lurking upstairs because for commercial sites you just have to, but I can also use my husband's work laptop if he's around. Amazing. Though it's SUCH an arsepain to build for and I don't like to use it for anything but testing cos it's so ancient.

Mine wasn't caching - I totally cleared everything a dozen times over and still had the freezing problems and huge spacing between posts, however, I have to say I loathed IE7 anyway, it always seemed to have issues with java and flash pages, tho like Rick I was running Sun java so it shouldn't have been an issue. After much muttering and grumbling and with a fair amount of reluctance I upgraded to IE8 which has fixed the issue at least for me - much to my surprise IE8 does seem to be more stable than 7 tho I DETEST the colour coded tabs and will have a fiddle when I get home to try and turn that feature off lol

Hubby & I are fuming - yesterday one of the guys who works in his office rang in to say his wife had been confirmed to have swine flu and he wasn't feeling too hot himself so he was going into quarantine at home... all good so far right? All fine right up to the moment the stupid twerp showed up in the office to collect some stuff to do at home and leave some hand over notes - WTF was he thinking????? OK he's not sneezing or snotting and says he hasn't been diagnosed himself - but thats not the ruddy point! NHS direct says if you aren't symptomatic then you dont need to isolate yourself but this guy says he feels unwell and is taking the week off... arrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggg