UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

My Own Oldie Is Ill

olivea

Just enjoy Tess, she doesn't know there is anything wrong with her but is getting on with enjoying her life, you do the same. I am in a similar position with 2 of my dogs so understand what you are going through.

It is hard to accept that our loving pets are old and we may not have them for much longer so make the most of what you have, you are suffering but Tess isn't. :GroupHug:

• 2 months later...

Even finding the right words to put is difficult - I had to let Tess go today. She has been poorly off and on since June, more bad days than good and yesterday some blood results revealed a problem with her liver. Got some medication from the vets as she has been having diarrhoea and sickness but she was so poorly last night I took her back today and decided that the best option for her was the one I feared the most.

She has only been gone a very short while but the house is so empty without her.

• Like 1

So very very sorry for your loss, words can not express the grief we go through when we loose a Furbaby.

Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Run free at the bridge Tess, no more pain. Keep an eye on your mummy, you were very much loved. If you find Chip or George at the bridge, im sure they will show you the ropes.

Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Thank you all so much for your kind words - I know I did the right thing for her, but it was the hardest thing I've ever done. I have had to have a few rabbits euthanised and that was very upsetting - but losing my Tess is the hardest thing; I don't think I've ever felt so bereft. There are so many regrets - that I didnt have a video of her, that I didnt have a photograph of the two of us, that I didnt have long enough with her - we would have been together 5 years in September - and I still think that 15 isn't that old and she should have had longer but she has been poorly a while. I keep thinking I can hear her in the hallway and am waiting for her popping her head around the settee to make sure I'm here - if only she could!!

• Like 1