UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

My Own Oldie Is Ill

olivea

I know I did the right thing for her...., but losing my Tess is the hardest thing; I don't think I've ever felt so bereft. There are so many regrets

I still feel like that after losing our beloved Misty back in June

Try not to focus on the regrets Olive. I'm sure there were so many good things & so much love shared. It's never long enough when we lose a loved one. 15 is a good age but I know that is little comfort (we think Misty was about 12 & we gave her almost 9.5 happy years). I bet Tess had almost 5 years of great happiness with you & was sorry she had to leave you but she will also be at peace and grateful to you fo unselfishly sparing her any further suffering.

So sorry that you have had to let Tess go. It's the hardest thing and I wish I had some words of comfort for you :( :GroupHug:

You might not have photos or videos to remember her by, but her memory will be in your heart, where she will be forever.

Sleep tight Tess, sweet dreams :wub:

So sorry that you have had to let Tess go. It's the hardest thing and I wish I had some words of comfort for you sad01_anim.gif Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

You might not have photos or videos to remember her by, but her memory will be in your heart, where she will be forever.

Sleep tight Tess, sweet dreams wub.gif

My niece has found a short phone video of Tess - she used to walk backwards out of my sister's kitchen which was so funny - so she's sending me that. I know she will always be in my heart but not having her in my life is so hard.

Even finding the right words to put is difficult - I had to let Tess go today. She has been poorly off and on since June, more bad days than good and yesterday some blood results revealed a problem with her liver. Got some medication from the vets as she has been having diarrhoea and sickness but she was so poorly last night I took her back today and decided that the best option for her was the one I feared the most.

She has only been gone a very short while but the house is so empty without her.

:GroupHug: I'm so sorry to read of your loss (and that I missed your thread earlier.) I lost one of my own girls, the lovely Jo to cancer even after removing a mamary tumour & I can imagine just how sad you may be feeling. I hope that in time your happier memories of your times together will again begin to shine through :GroupHug:

RIP Tess http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html