UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June R M F

Wendbert

Poor Misty is on Metacam and grounded for five days, vet is not sure what is wrong though :unsure:

I hope it's nothing serious :flowers:

Oh bless Nog :wub: We have two drama queens in this house too :rolleyes:

Glad to hear MummyOwl is feeling better.

Mrs B, try not to worry, it sounds like the work of someone with too much time on their hands :rolleyes:

Wendy, I hope you get something sorted soon.

RMF: On my way home today I saw a car with the registration BI GUM. Being from Yorkshire myself, I am coveting that numberplate :laugh:

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm home from my last day at work. I talked to different people (thank you to those of you who listened to me today :flowers: ) and have decided not to go to Nottingham. Too many reasons to bore you with but it comes down to the way they've messed us around for the last six months, are telling those of us who they approached different things and don't seem to know what they are doing. Apart from travel/accommodation expenses, they weren't offering any financial incentive and I could see us ending up being blamed for their feckups.

Big, huge thanks to Melp for the offer of somewhere to stay for me and the boys :flowers:

In nicer news, the lilo I made for Sirius works :cool:

siriuslilo.jpg

:laugh:

I'm home from my last day at work. I talked to different people (thank you to those of you who listened to me today :flowers: ) and have decided not to go to Nottingham. Too many reasons to bore you with but it comes down to the way they've messed us around for the last six months, are telling those of us who they approached different things and don't seem to know what they are doing. Apart from travel/accommodation expenses, they weren't offering any financial incentive and I could see us ending up being blamed for their feckups.

I think you have made the right choice, from my experance walking away with dignity from such situations can be worth so much more in the long term

I also think your soon to be ex employers are about to find out that they reap what they sow but thats there problem and not yours

and Sirius :biglaugh:

There is a wonderful article in total tattoo magazine about a woman who has a short time to live as she has terminal cancer, she has a lot of rescued animals and although she has a partner to look after them is devastated. She has decided to have them all tattooed on her so she can take them with her. It is very very moving and made me really cry.

Big, huge thanks to Melp for the offer of somewhere to stay for me and the boys :flowers:

In nicer news, the lilo I made for Sirius works :cool:

siriuslilo.jpg

:laugh:

I think you should start a *little* business making lilos for bears. :flowers:

Thank you, but I don't think there'd be much money in bear sized lilo's - especially ones made from a piece of foam, wrapped in bubble wrap and sellotape :laugh:

My dad is in hospital :unsure: He went in this morning for tests and angiogrammes (sp) and was meant to rest after for a couple of hours but apparently his blood pressure was so high they wouldn't let him come home. I spoke to my mum at about half six and she was waiting on a call as the hospitcal had told her dad is in a day ward and they close at 7pm :wacko:

I have just braved it to enter the garden shed to get this picture of the wasps nest in there

wasp3.jpg

I don't know what to do with it! Should I get rid of it and if so how?

Does anyone know anything about wasp nests. The larvae were all wiggling when I pictured it :sick01:

Best wishes being sent to MumOwl

Is it just me that thinks that looks like a pigs head upside down :unsure:

My dad is in hospital :unsure: He went in this morning for tests and angiogrammes (sp) and was meant to rest after for a couple of hours but apparently his blood pressure was so high they wouldn't let him come home. I spoke to my mum at about half six and she was waiting on a call as the hospitcal had told her dad is in a day ward and they close at 7pm :wacko:

:GroupHug:

My kitchen has been flooded :angry: I've been mopping up little puddles thinking it was Spike because of his water tablets when suddenly it started gushing out under the sink, making the bottles and cloths sopping wet. Torrents of water swept out onto my floor and try as I might I couldn't turn the stop tap off. Anyway, it seems that our stop tap turns in the opposite direction to normal, so managed to turn it off. After much cussing I cleaned up, but now have no water. In the midst of all this I couldn't help smiling (through gritted teeth)when Spike went into the living room and picked up honking duck. Just picture this, water everywhere and a duck going quack quack quack. I swear that dog has a sense of humour. All dry now, just need to get a plumber asap :unsure: Keith's just got back from work, so has missed all the excitement :rolleyes:

Hmmm, I have a Homeserve policy which states "Its good to know that you'll have instant access to a nationwide network of Homeserve approved local plumbers who aim to be with you within 2 hours." Really? I just phoned and they can "fit me in" Either morning or afternoon on Friday!! I've asked them how am I to do without water till Friday, so she offered me an evening appointment on Tuesday!! :unsure: I've said no so they've closed the job down and batted it back to the insurance company. Time for another phone call I think. Ooh, I could do with a cuppa :angry: